The Student Room Group

Anyone fancy doing some translation to French?

Hello

I was wondering if anyone might be interested in doing some translation from English to French for quite a long letter - construction related - about 6,000 words?

You would definitely need to be completely fluently bilingual between French and English - so I'm talking degree level or above, preferably someone of dual nationality. I speak reasonable French, but my level isn't up to translate that amount of text in the time I have (the letter will probably be ready in English for the weekend, would need to be turned around in about 2 days or so). I imagine for someone who was fluently bilingual, it would be pretty easy money... let me know if you're interested and how much you would want, as well as you're abilities / backgrounds as a French speaker. PMing me is probably best.

thanks

j-r-h
Reply 1
jrhartley
Hello

I was wondering if anyone might be interested in doing some translation from English to French for quite a long letter - construction related - about 6,000 words?

You would definitely need to be completely fluently bilingual between French and English - so I'm talking degree level or above, preferably someone of dual nationality. I speak reasonable French, but my level isn't up to translate that amount of text in the time I have (the letter will probably be ready in English for the weekend, would need to be turned around in about 2 days or so). I imagine for someone who was fluently bilingual, it would be pretty easy money... let me know if you're interested and how much you would want, as well as you're abilities / backgrounds as a French speaker. PMing me is probably best.

thanks

j-r-h

How long do you give to translate 6,000 words? I probably could do it, it just depends on the time given. I'm French, and studying in the UK, so I guess my level is pretty good :wink:

Edit: Two days is a bit short, tbh.
Reply 2
well, two days is what I would like, if people think this is unrealistic, bid for time and also price. the language isn't too hard, there are a few words which might require the dictionary, but I would have thought the majority would be quite easy - open in word, have it open next to each other and rattle through it.

Feel free to suggest amount of time and also price. But please don't offer if you think you may have other commitments, as its quite important and I'd rather that someone serious undertook it and got paid rather than someone who thought it would be a good way to make money and then got bored. so serious, careful, conscientious sorts preferred!
Reply 3
jrhartley
well, two days is what I would like, if people think this is unrealistic, bid for time and also price. the language isn't too hard, there are a few words which might require the dictionary, but I would have thought the majority would be quite easy - open in word, have it open next to each other and rattle through it.

Feel free to suggest amount of time and also price. But please don't offer if you think you may have other commitments, as its quite important and I'd rather that someone serious undertook it and got paid rather than someone who thought it would be a good way to make money and then got bored. so serious, careful, conscientious sorts preferred!

I totally understand, however I need more precision, I have exams next week and can't do anything properly before Monday so if you need it before, then I can't offer to translate it :no:
I'll do it for £200 for Saturday morning. Serious.
Reply 5
Cunning Linguist
I'll do it for £200 for Saturday morning. Serious.

£200 is a good price, that's also what I would have offered, but well, beat me to it :p:
Or £350 for Friday evening. That's too days isn't it. Today's Wednesday :wink:
two, even. God it's late. lol
Reply 8
Well he said it would be ready for the weekend, so I'd seriously like to see how you can translated something you don't have, haha
Reply 9
yeah, just to clarify, i am working on the version in english at the mo and i think i should have it ready for friday, so it would be a case of being around this weekend to give some time to it. i would have thought 8 or so hours would be sufficient - i reckon i could do it myself in that time between my language and use of online translation packages / forum to check grammar for certain phrases. i have received a human quote for a translation for £300, I was hoping for a little more competitive price via TSR.

I really believe 8 hours would get it done without any stress at all, probably a lot less if you are completely fluent.
Reply 10
Well I suppose I could handle it, but if were possible to see the letter before, just to guarantee that I don't need too much time. But well, I've done three years of English-French translation because it was the main part of my exam, so I can definitely say it won't be a problem at all. And £200 is enough for me in any case :wink:

Latest

Trending

Trending