The Student Room Group

Help finding v. specific physics A-level textbook, not much info

Hi all, originally posted this in MSTAH, not much traffic there, doh. Not expecting luck here, but...

I'm burning up here desperately trying to recall a book we used for A-level physics revision. Back when I did it. Which was TWELVE YEARS AGO. But I can remember almost no details. Here's what my holey associative-redundant brain has to say:

- Paperback, quite thick, 500 or so pages
- Very thorough, contained concise but complete summaries of all the equations we had to know. Teacher waxed lyrical because he said it didn't 'get everything wrong like all the other books'.
- Was not associated with any particular exam board, not part of a series (like CGP or whatever). Title may not even have had 'A-level' in it, but I'm not too sure.
- Whatever cover illustration it had, I think the background was black, and the foreground had plenty of deep blue and purple.
- The font on the cover was like you see in cash registers and older calculators, you know, made up of LED sticks so 8 looks like this:

._
|.|
|.| ... except without the dots.

Anyone have a clue? Of course it'd probably have been through a few new editions now, and not even have remotely the same cover.
Reply 2
Thank you! Amazon's not showing an image of the cover, and neither is the rest of the internet by the looks of it. But when I read the authors' names something in my brain just went YES.

Looks like it's out of print. But I shall try to get one of those second hand copies.

Latest