The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Lucky you, all your wanted subjects are all in Greenwich campus. I could not do Geography because it was not offered there. IMO A-levels in the UK are much easier than Singapore A-levels, so I think you could handle Biology considering you speak English as a native language. You could try Psychology at the first few weeks if your timetable allows these 5 subjects but I believe Biology is far more respected. Do you have any plan for higher education?
Well,may be u need to study bio for to study psych.Cuz,u know psych is the study of the activities of human beings & to get it u need to study the nervous system.Such nervous system helps u to understand the human behaviour though i'm not a psych student I supposed i'd read a sort of such things in the book[psych].
Reply 3
i would advise you to eat a mango
Reply 4
Oh..but you see i have not done bio at O lvl..I do not know anything about Bio. I wanna do finance eventually. Aiming for LSE. But psych seems intresting too..
Reply 5
What i meant was..is it essential to study Bio at Gce "O" levels in order to do well in "A'" level psychology..and how is London Greenwhich..
Reply 6
Samsoonie, it looks like you know a bit about Bellerbys. Are there any better colleges for me to attend? I took A Levels in Singapore but in the wrong subject combination.

Therefore, I intend to take 5 or 6 A Level UK subjects to make up for my poor GCE O Levels (5 B3s, 1 A2, 1 C6, 1 D7) or should i retake GCE O Levels (as GCSE) before moving on to A Levels UK?
Reply 7
Jit92, UK A Levels are nowhere near Singapore/Hongkong A Levels. Don't worry, work hard and you'll be fine. Did you take a look at Bellerby's record?
Reply 8
Erm yeah.. i did..something like 70 % A's and B's rite?...are you serious?..is it really way easier than sg?
Reply 9
I'm not sure about that though :frown:
Reply 10
Hahah..okay..Thanks for the help though!
much appreciated : ))
Reply 11
Are you a boy or a girl? How come never sleeeeep leh? :frown:

How's your prelims and what unis are you aiming for? :smile:
Reply 12
Hahah..i'm a guy...and support Man utdd :PP.. for prelims..L1R4=12 and L1R5=16..Prelims were tough though!..Aiming for LSE..i know it's reall hard to get in!
advert
i would advise you to eat a mango

Crap advice.
You don't need to do biology to understand Psychology! Only a small part of Psychology is learning about the brain etc. (:
Reply 15
Lol..what advice are you refering to?
Reply 16
Hahah you sure?..i will still be able to score an A if i work hard?
Reply 17
jitsu, your friendster seems to show that you're from a boys school. Let me guess, is it SJI? Anyway, according to alot of TSRers, LSE places a huge emphasis on GCSE. Hopefully it's not true. :frown:
Reply 18
The names Jitesh..i dun use frndster no more..and no..i'm from St andrews :smile:..your a guy rite?
Reply 19
Sorry Jitesh. My first thoughts was St Andrews too lol. Yep guy here. Not sleeping? How's your DM?

Latest