Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Doctors Certificate

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Recently I was very ill. I had to take 2 weeks off my placement.

Three or 4 days into my sickness, I was assessed by an Emergency Doctor who was working with the local ambulance service. Prescribed me some drugs, diagnosed me etc.

However...the university require me to have a doctors certificate (I didn't realise this). The emergency doctor didn't give me one of these - yet the universty still want one

Will my GP have access to the records made on this day, even if it is just to prove i was diagnosed with what I had??

I am quite worried about this, so any help will be gratefully recieved =D

Regards
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I am pretty sure the GP will have those records. I think they charge for a doctors certificate though? On the website of my local surgery it says they charge £30 for a standard certificate.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I've never had to pay for a doctors certificate. I think it's law that you don't have to produce a certificate unless you've been off for after seven days, saying that it might not be law. Generally it's not very difficult to get a certificate provided you've got a nice enough GP. I wouldn't bother too much making an appointment, you should be able to getting away with phoning your surgery and asking a doctor to phone you back. They should be able to access the records from the emergency doctor, even if they don't I'm sure they'll give you a certificate anyway, try not to worry
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Ouch...£30. I don't know why the uni needs it!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alibertine)
    I've never had to pay for a doctors certificate. I think it's law that you don't have to produce a certificate unless you've been off for after five days, saying that it might not be law. Generally it's not very difficult to get a certificate provided you've got a nice enough GP. They should be able to access the records from the emergency doctor, even if they don't I'm sure they'll give you a certificate anyway, try not to worry
    Thank you...I will contact them when I can to see when they would be able to see me. Even if it is proof that I was seen by them would be good...i think!

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 10, 2008
New on TSR

Your favourite film of the year?

For you personally what has been the best 2014 movie

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.