The Student Room Group

Doctors Certificate

Recently I was very ill. I had to take 2 weeks off my placement.

Three or 4 days into my sickness, I was assessed by an Emergency Doctor who was working with the local ambulance service. Prescribed me some drugs, diagnosed me etc.

However...the university require me to have a doctors certificate (I didn't realise this). The emergency doctor didn't give me one of these - yet the universty still want one

Will my GP have access to the records made on this day, even if it is just to prove i was diagnosed with what I had??

I am quite worried about this, so any help will be gratefully recieved =D

Regards
I am pretty sure the GP will have those records. I think they charge for a doctors certificate though? On the website of my local surgery it says they charge £30 for a standard certificate.
Reply 2
I've never had to pay for a doctors certificate. I think it's law that you don't have to produce a certificate unless you've been off for after seven days, saying that it might not be law. Generally it's not very difficult to get a certificate provided you've got a nice enough GP. I wouldn't bother too much making an appointment, you should be able to getting away with phoning your surgery and asking a doctor to phone you back. They should be able to access the records from the emergency doctor, even if they don't I'm sure they'll give you a certificate anyway, try not to worry :smile:
Reply 3
Ouch...£30. I don't know why the uni needs it!
Reply 4
alibertine
I've never had to pay for a doctors certificate. I think it's law that you don't have to produce a certificate unless you've been off for after five days, saying that it might not be law. Generally it's not very difficult to get a certificate provided you've got a nice enough GP. They should be able to access the records from the emergency doctor, even if they don't I'm sure they'll give you a certificate anyway, try not to worry :smile:

Thank you...I will contact them when I can to see when they would be able to see me. Even if it is proof that I was seen by them would be good...i think!

Latest

Trending

Trending