The Student Room Group

Urgent News - Rts Halton & Name Tags

OK, we've finally cracked under the immense pressure!

The subject of labelling your clothes on RTS is now taking up 70% (it seems) of the course and most of the wiggly-amps on this site. So much so that AMAC has set up a company for 'RAF-approved labels' (don't know who approved them - RTS didn't!):sigh:

The requirement for labels to be sewn into pants and socks etc has now stopped! This will free up many hours of fiddly work. :yep:

That's the good news. Now the bad. :eek:

To stop you all jumbling your socks and shreddies together (if you intend to share a washing machine load) you are advised to bring a laundry bag (mesh bag) capable of holding a few pairs of socks and pants - 24 ins by 24 ins should do. If you cannot find one, an old pillowcase will do. Hopefully the Spar Shop will be stocking them in the New Year.

You could also do with a marker pen so you can write in the kit that has a name lable already in it. (tee shirts, shirts jackets and trousers).:wink:

Of course if you want to label your personal gear, feel free.
Reply 1
Hannibal Smith
The requirement for labels to be sewn into pants and socks etc has now stopped! This will free up many hours of fiddly work. :yep:

You what?!?

The only real b********g I ever got was for a sock-label-sewing related mishap..... Different in my day *grumble grumble*

To stop you all jumbling your socks and shreddies together (if you intend to share a washing machine load) you are advised to bring a laundry bag (mesh bag) capable of holding a few pairs of socks and pants - 24 ins by 24 ins should do. If you cannot find one, an old pillowcase will do. Hopefully the Spar Shop will be stocking them in the New Year.

On this one potential recruits, there is such a thing as a military issue laundry bag (honestly, NSN and everything), got one myself and they're pretty handy, fit loads in, can be put through the wash no problem and last forever; have a look around for 'em.
AC Bloggs

On this one potential recruits, there is such a thing as a military issue laundry bag (honestly, NSN and everything), got one myself and they're pretty handy, fit loads in, can be put through the wash no problem and last forever; have a look around for 'em.

Only snag with the issue one is that it's massive!

There are a number of websites (google Laundry bag) selling 24 inch square jobbies, about a fiver each. That one will do

Of course, if embroidery is your thing, stick with labels!:yep:
Reply 3
When I was at PRTC the Corporal recommended the bags here

Third one from the top
you can get them for £1 in you local pound shop. (I got 2 for £1) :biggrin:
Reply 5
Don't you RAF guys get issued laundry bags?
Ducki
Don't you RAF guys get issued laundry bags?

Ducki

Take a wild guess!

:no:
Reply 7
Hannibal Smith
Ducki

Take a wild guess!

:no:

Pffft, I'm not paid enough to think :p:

Odd, although even people who went to a different ATR than me get issued differing amounts and types of gear.
i would not recommend people thinking they wont be sewing name tags on there socks!

i am currently in training and am part of the intake that don't have to sew name tags on there socks and such. there still are other things we have to sew name tags on!

The intake in after us has had to sew there names on everything again! so i would not go across thinking you will not have to because you could be very disappointed!

by the way to any one starting soon the training is amazing very enjoyable hard work but well worth it only home a day and a half and miss it! :yep:
Reply 9
This thread is funny, do a search on "name labels" for results within this forum, I dare you.
Reply 10
I still can't work out how people enjoy the training at Halton? I'm 8 weeks in and still hate it lol.
Reply 11
Does this mean we no longer have to name tag anything, including shirts and trousers?
OMG
This is Faff similair to IOT with naming all boxes in cuboards, socks labelled and all stacked with the smile facing up, Don't you just love recruit training lol. I might volunteer to be a flight commander for my next tour as I need a laugh.
Big fat pemanent marker on labels + laundry bag = safe

Luckily RMAS doesn't go for all the triv the RAF does... shoes boxes etc. Although we did smiley faces in weeks 1-5!

Latest