The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Hobnobs Galore
and nursing isn't real?

Basically, someone can say: i want to be a doctor because i want to help those in need, apply problem solving techniques and have an interest in science

i could easily turn round and say- thats why i want to do nursing aswell..its filtering out those people, who dont understand the distinction.

I found it very hard trying to convince them why i want to do nursing and not medicine..as i could easily do it

That's really rather an arrogant presumption.

Is this going to be another one of those threads where anything the medics say gets shot down with "But nurses can do that too!" but nurses are allowed to say whatever they like, including some really rather insulting generalisations, about doctors?
Helenia

Is this going to be another one of those threads where anything the medics say gets shot down with "But nurses can do that too!" but nurses are allowed to say whatever they like, including some really rather insulting generalisations, about doctors?

I didn't mean as a job with a nursing degree, but i could actually apply for medicine with my grades, work experience etc- which the interviewer pointed out
Reply 42
Hobnobs Galore
I didn't mean as a job with a nursing degree, but i could actually apply for medicine with my grades, work experience etc- which the interviewer pointed out

For anyone on this forum to say they could easily get into medicine is pretty arrogant. Applying is very different from getting in and getting through.

Besides, I've just realised who you are, so I'm not really going to get into the inconsistencies of your story.
Hobnobs Galore
and nursing isn't real?

Basically, someone can say: i want to be a doctor because i want to help those in need, apply problem solving techniques and have an interest in science

i could easily turn round and say- thats why i want to do nursing aswell..its filtering out those people, who dont understand the distinction.

I found it very hard trying to convince them why i want to do nursing and not medicine..as i could easily do it

Your other account tells a different story :s-smilie:
you would like to shoulder more responsibility; able to use scientific knowledge and put these into practice, also go into more depth in terms of knowledge
Helenia

To be fair, it's not "nurses" so much as just Hobnobs Galore, who isn't a nurse yet.
Huw Davies
To be fair, it's not "nurses" so much as just Hobnobs Galore, who isn't a nurse yet.

Or even a nursing student, actually.
Or at notts...
Reply 48
Huw Davies

Fair point. I must admit I find it increasingly hard to come up with an answer to the "why not nursing" question that doesn't make me sound like an arrogant tit. The basic reason though, is that I want to be a doctor and not a nurse, however you would like to dress that up.

Latest

Trending

Trending