The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
dream123
how do you think it went?
what did you write? yes...go on. impress us all! plus, if they were to ask you to write the TLC experiment, and the normal paper chromo...what would be the only difference in your explaination?

You want an explanation of TLC? :s-smilie:
Reply 21
Loz17
I hate SS and DP as well

I like DP :rolleyes:
Reply 22
Akkuz
I like DP :rolleyes:

Lol

Anything to do with polymers I hate

I just don't get plastic!
Reply 23
Akkuz
You want an explanation of TLC? :s-smilie:

NO NO, I WAS TEASING.
bUT WHAT IS THE main DIFFERENCE between TLC and PAPER CHROMO?
Reply 24
Loz17
Lol

Its either flexible or not.:yep:
Reply 25
dream123
NO NO, I WAS TEASING.
bUT WHAT IS THE main DIFFERENCE between TLC and PAPER CHROMO?

Oh, haha.

Aren't they the same thing? :s-smilie:
Reply 26
Loz17
Lol

DP questions are quite easy. They're all about the chains in polymers. :biggrin:
Reply 27
Akkuz
Oh, haha.

well, thats what I was thinking. why two different names?
Reply 28
dream123
Its either flexible or not.:yep:

But one is thermosplastic, one is thermoset, one is has a crystalline structure, one is made from additional polymerisation, another condensation polymerisation, one is kelvlar with benzene rings, strong, fire resistant and used for bullet proof jackets, another is an amide (bloody nylon and its stupid systematic names)

ARRRRGH!

And thats both PR and DP for anyone who wants it
Reply 29
Akkuz
DP questions are quite easy. They're all about the chains in polymers. :biggrin:

i think with polymers, you are repaeting the same thing...flexible, amorphous , weak bonds etc. :yep:
Reply 30
Loz17
But one is thermosplastic, one is thermoset, one is has a crystalline structure, one is made from additional polymerisation, another condensation polymerisation, one is kelvlar with benzene rings, strong, fire resistant and used for bullet proof jackets, another is an amide (bloody nylon and its stupid systematic names)

ARRRRGH!

And thats both PR and DP for anyone who wants it

dude, you know your stuff! stop panicking :huggles:
Reply 31
dream123
i think with polymers, you are repaeting the same thing...flexible, amorphous , weak bonds etc. :yep:

Yeah ^^

Only part I hate is the whole instantaneous - induced dipole crap.
Reply 32
dream123
dude, you know your stuff! stop panicking :hugggles:

Haha, yeah!
Reply 33
Akkuz
Oh, haha.

One is just using water to see what componants (for usually colours if a felt tip pen) are present. TLC, sealed system, silica plate, solvent, pencil base line with pure substance on the right, impure substance on the left. Then use a UV light to see how pure the inpure substance (oxymoron I know lol) is compared t the pure substance
Reply 34
Reply 35
dream123
dude, you know your stuff! stop panicking :huggles:

lol :hugs: that was just off the top of my head, but most of that was AS stuff though :s-smilie:
Reply 36
Hmmm, it seems I only have 4 pages of notes on DP. Eeek :eek:
Reply 37
Akkuz
Hmmm, it seems I only have 4 pages of notes on DP. Eeek :eek:

I have 3 :s-smilie: I think

Not even finished I don't think
anyone finding STEEL STORY the hardest module, ive had 97 and 95 % in designer polymers and whats in a medicine, but really really struggliing with steel story, got a mock tomorrow on enigineering protiens :s-smilie: .... oh and any 1 know what theyre doing for investigations?
Reply 39
talking of the DP chapter, I hate the rate of recation questions. I have no idea whats going on there!!

Latest