The Student Room Group

Hydrogen peroxide and iodide ions investigation

right,
for my first method (iodine clock)
i found all reactants; potassium iodide, sulphuric acid and hydrogen peroxide to be first order (unsure about sulphuric it could of been 1st or 2nd order)

now i am looking at my colorimetry results and it shows my sulphuric acid to be 2nd order but i was pretty sure my first method was 1st order for the sulphuric acid

Can anyone please please help...? or tell me what orders you found if u did this investigation
I'm doing this investigation. I haven't started drawing the graphs yet though. I found that varying the sulphuric acid concentration had little effect on the rate of reaction. I'm not sure, but I think that could mean it is 0 order... I really should start processing my data.
hmm ok thanks mate
Hey
Did you decide on whether sulphuric acid was 1st or 2nd order?
sorry for late delay hope this still helps i put it is first order as couple of other people at my college found it to be first order so i just did same hope this helps
Reply 5
i did an experiment testing the decomposition of hydrogen peroxide by different potassium compounds. Only potassium iodide worked (catalysed decomposition of h202) but potassium chloride and potassium bromide never worked. Why?
zwitterion
i did an experiment testing the decomposition of hydrogen peroxide by different potassium compounds. Only potassium iodide worked (catalysed decomposition of h202) but potassium chloride and potassium bromide never worked. Why?

check out your (other) thread

Latest