The Student Room Group

Cancer Research UK Graduate Scheme

Scroll to see replies

Reply 260
Original post by TimGWV
Ah, you're a life saver posting this. I prepared a thousand questions for tomorrow but not 'what the CRUK should do with govt.' - Could I ask what the question was specifically? Going to be taking mine first thing in the morning!

Thanks! And good luck!!

Gosh I didn't do much prep before mine at all, oops! To be fair though, I've been doing interviews for months which is kind of practice I guess.

I can't remember the exact wording to be honest, it was to do with keeping it at the top of the political agenda.

However, I would be prepared for other questions: I don't want to imply that these questions will also come up for you cause it might not be the case; maybe they pick two from a shortlist. Just don't only prepare for these and then freak if other ones come up.

Let us all know either way - which come up and how it goes!
Reply 261
Original post by krussel
I've completed the interview for the policy and communications stream, is that the one you applied to? It's one of those where I don't think it went great, but it didn't go awful. I wonder when they'll get back to us.

Original post by Stanford1990
Wish I had seen this yesterday! Haha. Just did my video, same questions - am applying for Policy and Comms. I think mine went quite badly tbh... Just have to wait until February now...

What questions did you guys have? Trying to work out if it's the same for everyone or if they pick a couple from a shortlist to mix it up a bit. Mine could have gone either way too, to be honest.
Good points were that I picked good examples and came across well, bad points were that my second answer had no structure and I rushed both of them :frown:
Original post by abc:)
What questions did you guys have? Trying to work out if it's the same for everyone or if they pick a couple from a shortlist to mix it up a bit. Mine could have gone either way too, to be honest.
Good points were that I picked good examples and came across well, bad points were that my second answer had no structure and I rushed both of them :frown:

Haha you're not meant to tell people what questions you had!!!
For the scientific strategy stream its only one question.. why should we select you?
Reply 264
Original post by krussel
Haha you're not meant to tell people what questions you had!!!

Well no, but I've done mine and it went about as well as it could have so I'm not fussed about sharing, and obviously can't do anything with the info anyone else wants to give me either!
Reply 265
When do you think we could expect to hear back??
Any chance anyone roughly knows the timeline for the scheme? So when to hear back, when phone interviews are and then face interviews etc? Would be great help - thank you!
Reply 267
Original post by Dysin
When do you think we could expect to hear back??

Original post by generic101
Any chance anyone roughly knows the timeline for the scheme? So when to hear back, when phone interviews are and then face interviews etc? Would be great help - thank you!

Think we are meant to hear back about the video interviews this month, but beyond that I don't know :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest