Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Glasgow Accomodation

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    How do you know what size of flat?! All I know is that I'm in murano, no idea if I'm in a big or small flat and if it mixed or what >_<
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I accepted my offer of accom at Firhill Court a few weeks ago and it was my second choice, which is what I wanted in the end woo! Anyone else staying there? I can't wait to find out who I'm sharing with, roll on September!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Anybody got Murano Street large flats 'the Hall'? I've finally accepted

Also seen a few people asking about the £450 prepayment, I was able to extend mines to the end of the month but they said no to installments etc
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Weegie)
    see you there
    • 19 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ewkaryote)
    How do you know what size of flat?! All I know is that I'm in murano, no idea if I'm in a big or small flat and if it mixed or what >_<
    If it doesn't say large you're in small. And if you didn't request single sex it'll likely be mixed. Also, I don't think any of the large flats are single sex (at least from the ones I've been too, which is a fair portion of them.)
    • 19 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Weegie)
    The large flats can be hit or miss considering IMO they consist of the best and the worst flats (condition wise) in Murano. Also they can be disgusting. You should have seen our big fridge until a few days ago when my flatmates mum came and showed us the wonders of bleach. (So much mould, boke.) And the cleaning god. We get weekly cleaners and we have to clean for them coming, which took up about an hour of everyone's time one night a week, which pretty much means no one went out that night of the week. I genuinely have went out once on our cleaning day through the full year.

Large > Small though. More fun, gets creepy if you're alone though (like I am the now :cry2:)
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I've just accepted the accommodation offer for murano large flats, anyone else there as well?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hey I had a problem choosing too but got it in the end. Summary:
    Murano- biggest site, famous for parties and has the biggest flats but it is very basic
    Queen Margaret- nicer and seems more like a home. Ensuite. Is very limited and think they are all gone.
    Firhill- close to murano, bit of a walk to uni like murano but similar to QM in terms of rooms and bathroom facilities. Quieter but easy to visit murano for parties. Next to a football stadium tho.
    Cairncross- similar to a youth hostel in terms of planning. V close
    Winton drive- beside QM, not as nice
    Kevingate (I think)- near cairncross, big as murano tho your own room etc. Mostly for postgrads or later years
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Is there someone who is not going to live in the university halls and is looking for a flat?
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by erika_lub)
    Is there someone who is not going to live in the university halls and is looking for a flat?

I am! Let the hunt begin...
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hi if anyone who doesnt want halls and would prefer a more laid back and quiet flat.. My flatmate and i our looking for a new flatmate.. Its a double room, rent is 285 a month plus around 30 quid for bills dependin on new electric deals and internet deals we may get.. Its around a 30 min walk from glasgow cal uni but has great transport links.. I get the train to uni.. Not even 10 mins and ur at uni i can give more info if anyone is interested. We are 2 girls in our early to mid 20s.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone, which one of the accommodations is considered to be the best for first year students? I'm moving to Glasgow this September (never been there before) and I'm having a hard time deciding where to live... I thought a student apartment would be nice, although it seems a bit separated from the other accommodations, but I would love to know more about it. Thank you very much in advance!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Just about to confirm my offer for Firhill and can't wait for September to roll around. Only nine weeks to go!

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: July 13, 2014
New on TSR

What are your A-level predictions?

Join our AS and A2 results day chat thread

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.