The Student Room Group
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website

Glasgow Accomodation

Scroll to see replies

You'll be attending parties or going to pubs no matter where you live. If I'd live in Murano, I'd be afraid of not having peace and quiet for my studies or sleep... I'd go with student apartments...
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website
Original post by mounoxeilia
hey im starting philosophy and economics this year at glasgow and am between murano and student apartments. murano is really sociable (which i want), but student apartments is close to the uni which is very useful as im going to be working as well and am worried about losing time if i live somewhere like murano. how hard IS it to commute when you live in murano??? and how sociable are the student apartments???? thx
Every student I spoke to said Murano, not one recommended Student apartments. But I never spoke to anyone who disliked partying.
(edited 8 years ago)
Have many people got any offers yet?
Hi, I've got an offer from Firhill Court, which was my second choice. I've not seen any posts about it however, is anyone planning to go there next year?
Reply 2104
I got into queen Margaret residence but the entry date is like two weeks after my course starts, anyone know what I can do about this?
Original post by StressedPupil
Hi, I've got an offer from Firhill Court, which was my second choice. I've not seen any posts about it however, is anyone planning to go there next year?

I've got an offer for firhill court too. It was my second choice as well (QM was my first). I'm not sure if I'll take it just now as I really haven't heard anything about what the experience there is like there, plus I haven't seen the place itself. How are you feeling about it?
For those considering firhill, I don't stay there, im at other halls but they are very good. They're within easy walking distance of the university, look very nice and good rooms

I got an offer for Firhill Court today! 😊 I put it as my first choice though! 😁

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by The Milk Thief
I've got an offer for firhill court too. It was my second choice as well (QM was my first). I'm not sure if I'll take it just now as I really haven't heard anything about what the experience there is like there, plus I haven't seen the place itself. How are you feeling about it?

I got an offer for Firhill Court today! ☺️ I put it as my first choice though! 😁

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by The Milk Thief

The pictures look quite nice, I've heard that it's accomodation for more universities than just Glasgow though. I'll probably accept it as its my only option.
Are you talking about Blackfriars? because I'm a first year applicant going to stay there too! :biggrin:
Original post by majatheaztec
Posted from TSR Mobile

With UNITE you're put with people usually from the same uni and as far as I know one is in her second year and another is a postgraduate in my room. I'm looking more forward to a calmer atmosphere and I'm hoping older students are more mature.... idk I'm really strange.... I'm not too worried about not being with first years.... I'll be joining lots of clubs and stuff anyway :smile:

I'll also be staying in the cheapest one, although its the furthest away from uni. It's close to the city center and I enjoy taking public transport haha

Are you talking about Blackfriars? I'm also first year applicant and hoping to stay there :biggrin:
Original post by MO2898
Are you talking about Blackfriars? I'm also first year applicant and hoping to stay there :biggrin:

I'll staying in Buchanan View, because I'm a cheapo :/ Hhaha
Reply 2113
Can GSA students apply for the university accommodation as well?
Original post by spysir
Can GSA students apply for the university accommodation as well?

I think they can! :smile:
Anyone looking into West Village student accommodation (downing students)? I'm thinking of getting a studio there, but I haven't heard anyone else talking about it.
I'm thinking about the QM residence, but I have a conditional offer. When do people with conditional offers have to make their accommodation choices?
Original post by EatAndRevise
I'm thinking about the QM residence, but I have a conditional offer. When do people with conditional offers have to make their accommodation choices?

Apply asap

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Pennyarcade

Thanks, I just made my application.
The pictures look quite nice, I've heard that it's accomodation for more universities than just Glasgow though. I'll probably accept it as its my only option.

Hey, I was talking to an accommodation staff at Glasgow and they said that Firhill is going to be full of Glasgow students only next year because they've rented it all out as so many people have asked for accommodation! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest