The Student Room Group
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website

Glasgow Accomodation

Scroll to see replies

Hello,
Is Winton Drive for mostly postgraduates? Are there only few undergraduates that stay there? Also, do many students bike to school? Is it a feasible mode of transport considering Glasgow's weather?
(edited 7 years ago)
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website
Reply 2221
Original post by NSBiomed
Can someone tell me which halls first years are put into?
I heard that murano street was where most 1st years go, do u have the choice? I would really hate to be put in somewhere like cairncross...where some 1st years have to share!

"Og-Kush"
zero seven three nine nine six
seven four seven eight three:smile:)
Hi :smile: anyone staying in Willowbank accommodation? Any experiences of CRM students?
Hi,
I have decided to go to Cairncross House this September. How is the night/social life in CH compared to other places?
Hi guys,

My name's Liz, and I'm the Accommodation Manager at a Fresh Student Living site, Bridge House.
We saw you’re looking for accommodation in the West End of Glasgow have you heard about Bridge House?

We offer a combination of six bedroom en-suit flats and self-contained studios. All the rooms are comfy and spacious, with small double beds and showers and, as we open for the first time in September you’ll have the luxury of being the first person to live in your room.
Utilities, internet and contents insurance are included in your rent and you’ll have access to our great social spaces including our private gym, TV/games lounge, quiet study spaces and outdoor courtyard. There are friendly staff on site helping with security, maintenance and services such as parcel collection. We’ll run lots of great social events, which Fresh Student Living are known for!

Please let me know if you have any questions or would like to make an appointment to visit the show flat on Old Dumbarton Road.

You can email us using [email protected] or give us call on 0141 648 9526.

Thanks,
Liz :hello:
Got in through clearing, and now panicking about having to share a room. Anyone know what the chances of getting my own room will be?
Original post by RuthElaine
Got in through clearing, and now panicking about having to share a room. Anyone know what the chances of getting my own room will be?

Hi @RuthElaine,

If you applied for a single room you should be offer that! The chances of us having to offer you a twin room when you applied for a single are pretty minimal, so don't worry about it :wink:

Looking forward to seeing you in Glasgow!
Sandra
Accommodation Services
Hello, I will be staying at Wolfson Hall this term and was wondering what we are allowed and not allowed to bring into the residence. I know rice cookers are not allowed but what about hot plates, slow cookers and toaster ovens? Thank you.
Hello

As i have had no luck i will try here.

How do i find out my exact flat number?, i am attempting to register however i do not know my exact Glasgow accommodation number, i have checked all my glasgow university accommodation document and have found nothing indicating which specific flat i am in. The university requires this for registration.

How am i supposed to carry on with registration without any idea which flat i am in?
Original post by hilaryplz
Hello, I will be staying at Wolfson Hall this term and was wondering what we are allowed and not allowed to bring into the residence. I know rice cookers are not allowed but what about hot plates, slow cookers and toaster ovens? Thank you.

Hi @hilaryplz,

Great to hear you are coming to Wolfson! :wink:

There is a kettle, a toaster and a microwave provided on the small kitchens at the residence. No other electrical items are allowed.
Remember that meals are sorted for you at Wolfson :biggrin:

Original post by Jimmyjamjames
Hello

As i have had no luck i will try here.

How do i find out my exact flat number?, i am attempting to register however i do not know my exact Glasgow accommodation number, i have checked all my glasgow university accommodation document and have found nothing indicating which specific flat i am in. The university requires this for registration.

How am i supposed to carry on with registration without any idea which flat i am in?

Hi @Jimmyjamjames,

You'll get your full address once you move into your accommodation in September.

For registration you may use the general address of the residence you are staying at and update this later in September.
You can find the address of all our residences at our Accommodation Website

Looking forward to seeing you all in Glasgow! :smile:

Sandra
Accommodation Services
Hello, I know that there are ability to change your room after 12th of Septemper with other students, but you have to accept your offer, which is kind of too expensive for me :frown: So, I would like to ask, is there any list of people who would also want to change your room?? thank you :smile:
Original post by gaabyyte
Hello, I know that there are ability to change your room after 12th of Septemper with other students, but you have to accept your offer, which is kind of too expensive for me :frown: So, I would like to ask, is there any list of people who would also want to change your room?? thank you :smile:

Hi @gaabyyte :smile:

We don't have any list for students who wish to swap their rooms. The applications for room transfers will open on September 12th.

Best wishes
Sandra
Accommodation Services
Hi ! I don't know if this is the right place to ask but I am currently looking for someone who would be interested in an ensuite-room at Wolfson.
Thank you.
Hi!
I've noticed that student appartments are not very popular within the tsr accommodation threads (or at least not mentioned as much as Murano for example). Could someone give me a bit of information on them?
From what Ive read they're very close to uni, but i dont know anything about the social side of them.

Thanks!
Hi
What's Winton Drive like (specifically for freshers)? Is it mostly postgraduate students there?
Original post by EugeniaAries
Hi!
I've noticed that student appartments are not very popular within the tsr accommodation threads (or at least not mentioned as much as Murano for example). Could someone give me a bit of information on them?
From what Ive read they're very close to uni, but i dont know anything about the social side of them.

Thanks!

I currently go to the Uni (though i do not stay at the Student apartments), but i have heard very good things about the apartments, they were my first choice for accommodation however i had to settle for my fourth choice in the form of Winton Drive.

Original post by seumas369
Hi
What's Winton Drive like (specifically for freshers)? Is it mostly postgraduate students there?

I currently stay at Winton Drive,a first year undergraduate from England.

Rooms are pretty good, shared shower room and shared bathroom with 5 people, only big complaint is that the microwaves seem old since they are only 700 watt and the cooker is a bit old as well.

around 20 minutes walk down to the main campus, get to walk through a park on the way, all the shops are on Byres road halfway between accommodation and the uni (pretty much everything i need in Byres road shops)

Tends to be undergraduates in Winton Drive but you should not worry much about what your flatmates level of study are.

Also surprisingly quiet since less people in this block are the partying type compared to Murano accomidation (known as the party block)
Hey..I have got an unconditional offer from Post graduate Course from University of Glasgow,I am looking for accommodation.Can you pls suggest which one is good from the below once as these are the once mentioned for postgraduates.
Kelvinhaugh street
Lister House
Macley residence
Winton drive

I am an international student. I am looking for a good room, ensuite if possible,quiet place not so far from the university.Can you pls advise which one is the best option from above.Thankyou :smile:
Hi @anjalisajeev,

Glad to hear you are thinking of coming to Glasgow for your postgrad! :smile:

Maclay Residences seems the best option for yourself, as it is a postgraduate only residence which offers en suite accommodation. It has both standard and premium rooms, the latter are bigger and have double beds.You can choose the one that's best for you!

Check out this video to see how's like :biggrin:

[video="youtube;sClBCtrwPDQ"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sClBCtrwPDQ[/video]

It is about 15-20 minutes walk to Campus, and you'll walk through the beautiful Kelvingrove Park :h: It's in a very lively area, next to cafes, bars, shops and supermarkets. Read our Know Your Area guide for more info.

Hope this helps!

Sandra
Accommodation Services
Hi, I've read half of this forum but still haven't found the answer :P If I firmly accept my offer from UofG now and apply for accomodation, but don't get my exam results until June, does it make any difference? Will the Uni keep a room for me based on my choices from the application, or will they consider it only after I've been accepted unconditionally?
Hi @Peet79,

No, it doesn't affect your chances to get your top choices of accommodation. We will not be able to process your offer until it becomes unconditional, but you will not be in a disadvantage as we keep part of our room stock to be allocated later on in the process. These are allocated according to the date the applications are received so the sooner you apply, the better your chances to receive an offer for the residence you prefer :smile:

Regards,
Sandra
Accommodation Services

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending