The Student Room Group
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website

Glasgow Accomodation

Scroll to see replies

does anyone know anything about dumfries accomodation? or about dumfries at all really? :smile:
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website
Reply 1061
Original post by Irishguy2K10
Oooo, another 2012 Glasgow vet :biggrin:

Yep :tongue: Know of any others?
Original post by M3lla

Original post by M3lla
Yep :tongue: Know of any others?

I know a few with offers, but no other firmers :smile:
Reply 1063
Is there Internet access in every room in Murano? :confused:
Original post by atticus_
Is there Internet access in every room in Murano? :confused:

I think so because it says on the University of Glasgow's website in the accomodation part, "Fees include: utilities; internet access; personal possessions' insurance ; access to SRC Halls to Campus minibus service" so I assume that means every room
Reply 1065
Original post by Niamh Mc D
I think so because it says on the University of Glasgow's website in the accomodation part, "Fees include: utilities; internet access; personal possessions' insurance ; access to SRC Halls to Campus minibus service" so I assume that means every room

Yeah, I read that part, too but it also says "computer cluster" and got a bit worried that internet access is available when using the pc cluster :smile: I would assume there's inet in every room, though especially considering the weekly rent :smile:
Reply 1066
I know a few with offers, but no other firmers :smile:

I cancelled my other interview, knew where I wanted to be :-D SO you're a firmer then, cool :smile:
**** staying in the halls, get a wee flat in kelvindale, much more comfortable.
Any idea how far the wolfson hall is from the med building? :smile:
Original post by M3lla

Original post by M3lla
I cancelled my other interview, knew where I wanted to be :-D SO you're a firmer then, cool :smile:

Haha, same here.. I withdrew from the other three as Glasgee was my top choice :biggrin:
Reply 1070
Original post by M3lla

Haha, same here.. I withdrew from the other three as Glasgee was my top choice :biggrin:

Same here :smile: withdrew from three, declined one unconditional and firmed Glasgow. Hopefully, I made the right choice :smile:

Same here :smile: withdrew from three, declined one unconditional and firmed Glasgow. Hopefully, I made the right choice :smile:

Ooo, do you have a vet med offer ?
Reply 1072
Ooo, do you have a vet med offer ?

No :smile: I have one for Business Economics (which is probably not as exciting as vet med, but still)

No :smile: I have one for Business Economics (which is probably not as exciting as vet med, but still)

Oooo, bring on freshers then :biggrin:
Reply 1074
Oooo, bring on freshers then :biggrin:

:biggrin: Do you know when the freshers' week begins? I think it should be after Friday 7th as this is the earliest you can move in the halls.

:biggrin: Do you know when the freshers' week begins? I think it should be after Friday 7th as this is the earliest you can move in the halls.

Just got this of the Glasgow page under university guide:

Key academic Dates
2012/13 Term dates:

Semester 1: 10-09-2012 to 14-12-2012

Semester 2 (teaching period): 07-01-2013 to 22-03-2013

Examination Period: 22-04-2013 to 17-05-2013

So I guess freshers starts on the 10th as my course starts on the 14th according to UCAS track :smile: Woooop :biggrin:
I'm thinking about Wolfson halls as its only a 10 minute walk from the vet school haha
Reply 1076
Just got this of the Glasgow page under university guide:

Key academic Dates
2012/13 Term dates:

Semester 1: 10-09-2012 to 14-12-2012

Semester 2 (teaching period): 07-01-2013 to 22-03-2013

Examination Period: 22-04-2013 to 17-05-2013

So I guess freshers starts on the 10th as my course starts on the 14th according to UCAS track :smile: Woooop :biggrin:
I'm thinking about Wolfson halls as its only a 10 minute walk from the vet school haha

If I remember well, the same page indicates that teaching begins on 17th Sept. But then it really doesn't make sense, since my UCAS tells the same 14th Sept date. :-) We'll see. I have a conditional offer for Business and Management which I received in December, but haven't heard from my other universities yet.
Reply 1077
Original post by hamandcheese
Any idea how far the wolfson hall is from the med building? :smile:

Hey :smile:
Wolfson Hall is about 3 miles from the medical building, and all other buildings on main campus. Its about an hours walk, but the SRC bus will take you straight there in about 20 min. On the public bus it can take about 30-40 minutes. :smile:
Yeah, I read that part, too but it also says "computer cluster" and got a bit worried that internet access is available when using the pc cluster :smile: I would assume there's inet in every room, though especially considering the weekly rent :smile:

There is internet access in every room - however it's a bit on the slow side (typically 0.7-1.5mbit). There are also 12 (I think) PCs in reception.

I moved out of murano after first year, for those of you staying there this year, I have two important bits of advice:
-Keep a roll of toilet paper in your room for when your flatmates have used it all up.
-http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3-FT-SINGLE-MEMORY-FOAM-MATTRESS-TOPPER-3-7-5-CM-/230724296792?pt=Beds_Mattresses&hash=item35b83d6058
^Get yourself something like this. Most of the beds in murano are awful. I got stabbed in the back by a spring coming out of my matress that actually broke the skin, and the management company still wouldn't give me a new one :tongue:
Original post by Escocia
Hey :smile:
Wolfson Hall is about 3 miles from the medical building, and all other buildings on main campus. Its about an hours walk, but the SRC bus will take you straight there in about 20 min. On the public bus it can take about 30-40 minutes. :smile:

Oh wowww its pretty far!! But thank you :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending