Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Glasgow Accomodation

Announcements Posted on
Got a question about Student Finance? Ask the experts this week on TSR! 14-09-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by keepoffthelawn)
    um lol my post you quoted was from 2009.....
    Haha, sorry :P I click on the thread and assume it automatically directs to the last page.

Suppose there is such a thing as too late...
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Niamh Mc D)
    Yup i just have to be patient now.

Murano is my first choice, i know a girl there and she said they're lively and that's what i'm looking for! you applying to halls?
    anybody knows about halls of GSA? could any give an estimaste of prices for halls ?
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Annie-Bananie)
    hahah totally!! sounds so good to me! what are you going to study?

are you choosing Murano as well? ooh it is so hard to choose between large and small flats.. I mean, it must sound pretty stupid, but it is kinda important

Yeah i'm putting Murano as my first choice! I think i'd prefer a large flat because then there's bound to be someone you'll get on with
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ioikonomou)
    hey there! im going to glasgow most probably next year ,to gsa actually for architecture...and im now checking for accomodation,what do you suggest me????im actually more conserned about the cost so i want sth cheap as possible...
    Hey

Is GSA part of the university of glasgow? i'm applying to Murano, they're £98.99 a week i think that's the cheapest there is!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Just a quick question (sorry if it's already been mentioned/answered ) I have a conditional, but I want to check it out on the open day before applying, will this put me at a disadvantage?

Also, whats Murano like day to day? I have a fair idea of cairncross becuase of my sister, but not Murano, but I'm more inclined to go with latter because a higher chance of single, seems more sociable etc...
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Yeah i'm putting Murano as my first choice! I think i'd prefer a large flat because then there's bound to be someone you'll get on with
    i've already applied for Murano large flats so if you need a party person as your neighbour you can easily write in additional information that you would like to be my neighbour i just remember you wrote earlier that you don't wanna live with non-sociable students anyways, I'm sure we all will have a great time in Murano
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chihiro94)
    Just a quick question (sorry if it's already been mentioned/answered ) I have a conditional, but I want to check it out on the open day before applying, will this put me at a disadvantage?

Also, whats Murano like day to day? I have a fair idea of cairncross becuase of my sister, but not Murano, but I'm more inclined to go with latter because a higher chance of single, seems more sociable etc...
    Well, depends where you're applying. If it's Murano, you'll be fine applying a little late, whereas, if it's Carincross single/QM - you wanna get your application in pronto. The accommodation office say it (a conditional) doesn't disadvantage you.

I don't have first hand experience, so I can't answer the second question. But Murano's certainly the more reputable one in terms of socializing, parties etc.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    This has probably already been answered in some form, but - if I have an unconditional offer, and I firmed it, and I applied for housing last Friday - when should I be expecting to hear back?
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ctln)
    This has probably already been answered in some form, but - if I have an unconditional offer, and I firmed it, and I applied for housing last Friday - when should I be expecting to hear back?
    This is a quote from the email you probably got: • Applications for accommodation from students who have accepted an Unconditional Firm offer of study for session 2012/2013 are processed from Mid-April onwards, thereafter usually on a weekly basis.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by atticus_)
    This is a quote from the email you probably got: • Applications for accommodation from students who have accepted an Unconditional Firm offer of study for session 2012/2013 are processed from Mid-April onwards, thereafter usually on a weekly basis.
    Yeah that's the same email I got, though I didn't get it until a few days after I'd sent off my application, so if she has just done it that might explain why she hasn't had the e-mail yet.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jamin)
    Yeah that's the same email I got, though I didn't get it until a few days after I'd sent off my application, so if she has just done it that might explain why she hasn't had the e-mail yet.
    I'll look out for the e-mail - thanks!
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hello Can someone tell me anything good/bad about Student Apartments?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by egliuxe)
    Hello Can someone tell me anything good/bad about Student Apartments?
    Haven't been there myself, but from what I've heard..
    It is on the university's doorstep! Literally two minutes, which is great.
    However, there is a big chance of you ending up in a twin room.
    And the social life seems to be not that great

Mind you that I have never seen SA myself
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Well, I don't like partying every single night, so the social life wouldn't be a problem for me, I guess

But I don't want to live in a twin room, even if it's cheaper. I didn't start my application for accommodation yet, so I don't know how it works exactly. Let's say that I have put SA single room in first place and Cairncross House single room in second place. If they can't offer me a single room in SA will they offer me a twin room in SA or a single room in Cairncross House? I hope, I've explained myself clear enough that somenone could give me an answer ;D
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by egliuxe)
    Well, I don't like partying every single night, so the social life wouldn't be a problem for me, I guess

But I don't want to live in a twin room, even if it's cheaper. I didn't start my application for accommodation yet, so I don't know how it works exactly. Let's say that I have put SA single room in first place and Cairncross House single room in second place. If they can't offer me a single room in SA will they offer me a twin room in SA or a single room in Cairncross House? I hope, I've explained myself clear enough that somenone could give me an answer ;D
    Probably a single room in Cairncross, since that is your next preference, unless they can't give you that either.

They won't bung you in something you don't want unless they have to. I mean, they're not going to assume anything, if that makes any sense.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Thank you for your answer
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Annie-Bananie)
    i've already applied for Murano large flats so if you need a party person as your neighbour you can easily write in additional information that you would like to be my neighbour i just remember you wrote earlier that you don't wanna live with non-sociable students anyways, I'm sure we all will have a great time in Murano
    I'm still waiting on another uni choice before i can firm glasgow and apply for halls! So impatient..

Haha yes you can be party friend for definite What course are you doing? I'm doing human biology!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I'm still waiting on another uni choice before i can firm glasgow and apply for halls! So impatient..

Haha yes you can be party friend for definite What course are you doing? I'm doing human biology!
    which uni are you waiting for? best of luck

human biology? woow i'm impressed! Doing biology as a part of my IB diploma now and it seems so damn hard

I'm doing Business Management with German language. Can't wait til September!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone I'm hopefully going to be living in Murano Street next year (soo excited!). I was wondering if it really is on a "massive" hill, as I want to get a bike for uni. Does anyone know if its common for students living in Murano (and Glasgow Uni in general) to have bikes, or do they mostly walk?
    Thanks!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AlaskaMcCann)
    Hey everyone I'm hopefully going to be living in Murano Street next year (soo excited!). I was wondering if it really is on a "massive" hill, as I want to get a bike for uni. Does anyone know if its common for students living in Murano (and Glasgow Uni in general) to have bikes, or do they mostly walk?
    Thanks!
    when I talked to somebody who works in Murano office ( I had a few questions , so I called them about a week ago) , I was told that students mostly walk but many of them have bikes anyways. I was thinking of buying one as well, but I'm not sure how expensive they are in Glasgow.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: August 19, 2014
New on TSR

Writing your personal statement

Our free PS builder tool makes it easy

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.