The Student Room Group
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website

Glasgow Accomodation

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1220
Original post by Soli123
Applied for accommodation just now. 1st Queen Mary, 2 Murano large 3. Murano small. The rest were just random. Is it common to get a place on the bottom of your list or do they just put most of us in Murano? :smile:

That's pretty much identical to my selection except I put the Murano small flat before the large lol.

I think most people will get their top 3 or 4. When I went to uni first time round I ended up with something that wasn't even one of my choices. That's because I failed to meet my conditional offer and had to wait a fortnight till the A level results came out to know if I still had a place. They put your to the bottom of the list in that instance regardless of how early you applied.
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website
Reply 1221
Original post by Jamin
That's pretty much identical to my selection except I put the Murano small flat before the large lol.

I think most people will get their top 3 or 4. When I went to uni first time round I ended up with something that wasn't even one of my choices. That's because I failed to meet my conditional offer and had to wait a fortnight till the A level results came out to know if I still had a place. They put your to the bottom of the list in that instance regardless of how early you applied.

I thought about putting Murano small first, but having to clean the showers/bathrooms and common area yourself wasn't tempting :P Already did that at boarding school, don't want to do it at uni too :smile:

Hope I get one of the top 3, didn't really put much thought into the others.. :P
Reply 1222
Original post by Soli123
I thought about putting Murano small first, but having to clean the showers/bathrooms and common area yourself wasn't tempting :P Already did that at boarding school, don't want to do it at uni too :smile:

Hope I get one of the top 3, didn't really put much thought into the others.. :P

Hmm didn't realise the flats don't have cleaners come in, oh well, it's not too bad. I'm kinda hoping to get into QM, but at the end of the day I guess it really doesn't matter.

What are you going to study?
Reply 1223
Original post by Jamin
Hmm didn't realise the flats don't have cleaners come in, oh well, it's not too bad. I'm kinda hoping to get into QM, but at the end of the day I guess it really doesn't matter.

What are you going to study?

Well, there are only 4-5 people in the small flats so there can't be that much to clean. :smile: Hoping for QM too, private bathroom would be great :biggrin:

Studying psychology, what about you?
Reply 1224
Original post by Soli123
Well, there are only 4-5 people in the small flats so there can't be that much to clean. :smile: Hoping for QM too, private bathroom would be great :biggrin:

Studying psychology, what about you?

Yeah, tbh I used to share a flat with 8 people it's not as bad as some people might think.

History and Archaeology for me :biggrin: Can't wait, not sure what to take as my 3rd option yet though.
Reply 1225
Original post by Jamin
Yeah, tbh I used to share a flat with 8 people it's not as bad as some people might think.

History and Archaeology for me :biggrin: Can't wait, not sure what to take as my 3rd option yet though.

Sounds exciting! :biggrin: 3rd option? : )
Reply 1226
Original post by Soli123
Sounds exciting! :biggrin: 3rd option? : )

From what I can tell you choose three subjects to study in the first year.
Reply 1227
Original post by Jamin
From what I can tell you choose three subjects to study in the first year.

Oh, right! :smile: Well I guess you have some time to decide :smile:
Reply 1228
Original post by Soli123
Oh, right! :smile: Well I guess you have some time to decide :smile:

Too much time! I wish it was September lol.
Just firmed Glasgow ahhh so exciting Though I'm really stuck on where to go for accomodation. I loved Queen Margaret and really want an ensuite but the extra price is putting me off Can't decide whether it's worth it. Wasn't as keen on Murano though I think it seems more social and I'd probably meet more people. Does anyone know anything about Cairncross? Like how far is it from the uni and what are the rooms/common rooms like etc?
Reply 1230
Firmed Glasgow a couple of days ago, waiting 72 hours before doing accommodation is annoying though :tongue:

I'm probably going to put Murano as my first choice simply because it's the cheapest (I am no way having a shared room! haha) and I'm not that fussed about having an en-suite, but I am slightly concerned that there is no cleaner for the bathrooms for either the large or small flat??!!
Can't choose between small and large flat either, anyone any advice? I wouldn't mind a 6 people flat, but 4 seems too small and anything over 10 seems a bit big :/
Reply 1231
Can somebody help tell me which halls are best for Dental students? It's a pain that the dental school is in the city centre!
Reply 1232
Original post by Josiea
Firmed Glasgow a couple of days ago, waiting 72 hours before doing accommodation is annoying though :tongue:

I'm probably going to put Murano as my first choice simply because it's the cheapest (I am no way having a shared room! haha) and I'm not that fussed about having an en-suite, but I am slightly concerned that there is no cleaner for the bathrooms for either the large or small flat??!!
Can't choose between small and large flat either, anyone any advice? I wouldn't mind a 6 people flat, but 4 seems too small and anything over 10 seems a bit big :/

Are you sure? Isn't there a cleaner for the large flats? I went to the applicants day on Tuesday, and the tour guide (of Murano) confirmed it.
Reply 1233
Original post by Josiea

There is a cleaner for the large flats at Murano :smile:
Reply 1234
Original post by Tara I
Are you sure? Isn't there a cleaner for the large flats? I went to the applicants day on Tuesday, and the tour guide (of Murano) confirmed it.

Original post by Soli123
There is a cleaner for the large flats at Murano :smile:

On the website it says weekly kitchen cleaner for the large flat :/ it doesn't say anything about a bathroom cleaner so I assumed there wouldn't be one, unless its sort of given that there is one? :eek:

Edit: Just read FAQs and you get a cleaner for kitchen, toilets, showers and corridors in large flat :tongue: pretty much made up my mind!
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1235
I'll probably arrive a bit late, so do you know if I can I pick up my room keys at like 10-11pm? :smile: thanks in advance
Original post by Josiea
On the website it says weekly kitchen cleaner for the large flat :/ it doesn't say anything about a bathroom cleaner so I assumed there wouldn't be one, unless its sort of given that there is one? :eek:

Edit: Just read FAQs and you get a cleaner for kitchen, toilets, showers and corridors in large flat :tongue: pretty much made up my mind!

yeah I'm having trouble deciding between large and small but the fact that the large flats have a cleaner is definitely making them seen more attractive. Are there any other big differences between the large and small flats? apart from the size obviously:rolleyes:
Reply 1237
Original post by Ju_Dragonslayer
yeah I'm having trouble deciding between large and small but the fact that the large flats have a cleaner is definitely making them seen more attractive. Are there any other big differences between the large and small flats? apart from the size obviously:rolleyes:

I put large in the end just because they get a bathroom cleaner :tongue: also you get given bin bags in big flats haha..

A large flat will probably be louder :sadnod: but more sociable I think :smile:
I firmed Glasgow over 72 hours ago and it still won't let my apply for accommodation :/ Does anyone else have this problem?
yes i did too, i called and they told me three working days but i'm sure it didn't say that on the website :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending