The Student Room Group
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website

Glasgow Accomodation

Scroll to see replies

Knowing I've just spent £400 makes me want to weep but accepted Murano! :biggrin:
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website
Reply 1321
Got Kelvinhaugh Street and did the prepayment :smile:
Reply 1322
I put Murano as my first choice but I was wondering if there is wifi in our room ?
Original post by RockU
I put Murano as my first choice but I was wondering if there is wifi in our room ?

no :frown: We have to buy a cable for our laptops/computers to connect to a port.
Reply 1324
Original post by J'adoreMaCachette
no :frown: We have to buy a cable for our laptops/computers to connect to a port.

Damn :s

Where can we connect this cable ? In our room ?

Thanks =)
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by RockU
Damn :s

Where can we connect this cable ? In our room ?

Thanks =)

Yes :smile: If you apply to halls, there's details about it in the contract.
Reply 1326
Yes :smile: If you apply to halls, there's details about it in the contract.

Okay :smile:
And another question : if I receive an offer for accomodation, Do I have to pay a deposit ?
Can I wait untill I meet my offer to pay it ?
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by RockU
Okay :smile:
And another question : if I receive an offer for accomodation, Do I have to pay a deposit ?
Can I wait untill I meet my offer to pay it ?

It's not a deposit, it's a prepayment of £400. If you get offered accommodation you have a deadline to accept or reject whatever is offered to you.
Reply 1328
Hi All!

I got accepted for Politics on a Bachelor level and I am happily starting this autumn :smile:
I am going to apply for accommodation this evening or perhaps tomorrow (yeaay) but I still have some questions I am hoping someone can answer me.

I am turning 22 years this year, would you recommend me to try to live with later year students/postgraduates? Is it even possible? How old are people generally in Kelvinhaugh?

If I apply for a Cairncross single room, is it true that they can still put me in a shared room?
What happens if I get an offer for a shared room without wanting it, would that be the only offer I'll get?

Thanks guys!
Reply 1329
It's not a deposit, it's a prepayment of £400. If you get offered accommodation you have a deadline to accept or reject whatever is offered to you.

Is it true that they give you an accommodation offer only then when you meet the conditions of your conditional offer to the university? :smile:
Original post by egliuxe
Is it true that they give you an accommodation offer only then when you meet the conditions of your conditional offer to the university? :smile:

IIRC yes :yep:
Reply 1331

Okay, it is clearer now :biggrin:
Thanks !
Reply 1332
Original post by greeneyedgirl
IIRC yes :yep:

Thank you :^_^:
Reply 1333
Original post by Zixpk
Just to let everybody know, I received my offer for Kelvinhaugh Gate 15 minutes ago.

So check your mail accounts to see if you also got your offer for the halls.

Btw: I am a postgraduate from Germany starting this fall.

Ahhh, I'm a German postgraduate as well. What are you going to study?
Reply 1334
Original post by Lori1987
Ahhh, I'm a German postgraduate as well. What are you going to study?

Hi :smile:

Going to study MSc Management with international real estate. What are you going to study ?
Original post by 14loubylou
oh dear :s-smilie: i was lucky to have my cousin to take me who's from there otherwise i would have had a lot of trouble too, i don't think it would have looked too good to turn up late for my interview! that's true but are you doing the same subject or staying in the same halls? yeah it would be a lot less daunting not to go on your own i wish somebody was coming with me too haha :smile:.. are your parents going to take you over?

haha that would have been awkward! not same subject but possibly same halls. yeah they should be :smile: what about you? i've not a clue how i'm gonna get all my stuff over. i'll probably end up wanting to bring everything i own just incase i might need it haha, i'll have to try to stop myself !
Reply 1336
Last night submited my accommodation application and put SA as my first choice :smile: I decided that living in twin room is not so bad as long as it's temporary :smile: But I'll have to wait till late July to get my offer :frown:
Reply 1337
Need urgent help with a decision!

I got a mail from the accommodation services yesterday offering me to stay in the student flats at southpark terrace/circus park in a single room which sounds great. They also told me I still could advise them differently (Can't believe how helpful they are!)I'm actually a fresher but I am a Swedish student and will be turning 22 this year so I asked if I could be put together with later year student. So a few questions:
1. Is it a mistake to want to live with older people?
2. Will I still easily find friends during fresher's week?
3. Are student apartments really unsocial? Would you recommend the Student Houses or Student Flats?
4. Any reflections from people living there?
5. Should I just go for Cairncross instead?

Need to answer them by Monday I guess so please give your opinions! Thx :smile:
Original post by la-penseur
haha that would have been awkward! not same subject but possibly same halls. yeah they should be :smile: what about you? i've not a clue how i'm gonna get all my stuff over. i'll probably end up wanting to bring everything i own just incase i might need it haha, i'll have to try to stop myself !

yeah may as well have not bothered going in! ahh cool.. i heard that we heard back after 20 days of applying a likely outcome but i'm not sure if that's true and i haven't heard anything! :frown: ahh that's nice.. no mine aren't it's too far but i think they are going to visit me in October to see my accomodation and Uni etc.. haha same you'll think of something for every eventuality :smile:
Where would be the best place for accommodation for someone going to study medicine at Glasgow, wanting to be pretty near the Wolfson building and other University facilities?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending