The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

TRStemporaryusername
But if I reapply to Imperial, with the hope of going there if I do not get into Oxford or Cambridge (as I am also considering Cambridge), then I should be able to go to Imperial College. As a weak applicant (AABC as levels, and a hard interviewP), I got an offer. Next year, I should be a much stronger applicant and should stream right through.

Bear in mind that if you reapply then you will have to sit the TSR at Imperial as well - as this is their new entrance exam and the result of which will rely heavily upon your admittance or not. Thus not only will you be facing the ad-hoc lottery upon which Imperial access relies on but to that you add the element of an entrance exam.
Reply 41
is the above statement true, I thought they'll introduce tests, at least for compsci people in 2010 at the earliest.
TRStemporaryusername
Surely they do not know about the other universities that you apply to.

Quote from UCAS website:

Each university and college will only see details of their course or courses for which you have applied. They will not see your other choices until you have received your final decision.

I believe they see your full application after your last decision has come in and I would guess they can browse previous applications too.
Reply 43
We 2008 entrants all did a pilot entrance exam, which was essentially the Cambridge TSA. I believe they will start using the entrance exam for 2010 entrants.

OP, it's good to hear that you've decided on Imperial. If you're still worried about the accommodation after first year - almost everyone moves westwards towards Shepherds' Bush, Hammersmith, Fulham etc, and my friends in higher year groups tell me the rent there is apparently relatively cheap, anything from £100-130 a week if you share a house with a load of friends.

My halls at the moment are £105 a week for a non-ensuite single room, which is pretty good for London.

Latest

Trending

Trending