The Student Room Group

Tesco's uniform - skirt or trousers?

Scroll to see replies

You get two pairs of trousers/ skirts so pick one of each but the trousers are rather high :P + 2 tops i have a short sleeve polo and long one(which are very comfy) - don't go for the t-shirt thing as the material is so rough and itchy + you get 2 fleeces or body warmers.
Sarah,
I've worked at Tesco for a year and a half now, and I'd most def say get the skirt from them, and just buy your own pair of navy trousers!

Their trousers are horrific- it's not that big a deal when you're on checkouts, but everyone wants to avoid an unecessary lard arse complex- I looked awful!:rolleyes:

The skirts are fine- they don't crease much! I can speak from experience- was on shop floor in mainly a skirt from an entire year- the 'short' length is knee length on most people lol.

At my Tesco, pretty much anyone who wears a skirt is either a manager or wants to be one, and look like an idiot :biggrin:

LOOOOL!!!
I REALLY would NEVER want to be a manager, and I'm pretty sure the uni transfer girls, and the ones intending to go off next year would not base their decision on what looked/ felt better on their 'aspiration' at Tesco haha

I swear by taking their skirt and buying your own trousers :yep:
Grapevine
Skirt - the girls where I work (Waitrose) all where skirts and they don't find them to be a problem. And yes, trousers don't look very flattering which is something to be aware of considering there will be lots of other boys/girls there your age.

Whoop whoop i work at waitrose :biggrin: but im trousers... I find them practical when moving stuff around, and personally I don't find it makes u less attractive, just sensible!!! Most of us do at my waitrose, and the guys think nothing of it!
Reply 43
yoo i work at tescos tooo, get the trousers, the skirt will be a bit i dunno. but having trousers will make alot of things easier i guess :smile: ima guy so i wouldnt know much lol
saranotsarah
Thanks. Is it comfortable for sitting at the checkout in for hours at a time?

I wouldnt know, never been down on checkouts. i work on the clothing desk so have to stand up all day long.
The trousers are dreadful. When I worked at tesco, all the girls my age wore a skirt or else bought their own navy/black trousers. I don't think I'm a very vain person usually but their trousers are something else, I wouldn't be seen dead in them!
Reply 46
I've only just spotted this thread so it's probably too late but here goes anyway.

When I started at Tesco they didn't have any uniform in stock so I had to wear a white shirt and my own navy skirt. I chose the skirts rather than the trousers, the same as all the other girls my age, since the trousers looked like a pair my granny would wear.

I work on the checkouts too, and have found the skirt to be comfortable to wear whatever you're doing. Yes, it creases really badly and I found that the lining splits after a few weeks, but I haven't bothered repairing it. It also rides up whilst you're sat on the checkout too. Keep a good stock of tights - I get through loads from snagging them and make sure you've got comfy shoes.

Enjoy! :smile:
Reply 47
can anyone help, i work at tesco and i cant find navy trousers anywhere
WE MUST HAVE STOPPED SELLING THEM ekkk and im in trouble - really dont want to order them from the staff orders cus their awful - dont you think??
well... we used to sell £5 ones but they seem to stopped selling them, they only do them in black!!

little help??

Quick Reply

Latest