The Student Room Group

Edexcel A2 Unit 7 Exam

Just been given the Pre-release for Applied ICT, it's on Laura Elle Purfumes and making a database about them.

Basically I know for the exam I'm going to have to produce a functional spec, but I'm not too sure one what this is meant to look like.. or how I'm meant to produce it.

has anyone got the same Scenario and could possibly help?
cheers.
I'm really bricking it about this exam, looking at the spec i have absolutely no idea how the database will be structured.

:woo:

If anyone can help.....................please do
Reply 2
Thx god my unit 7 exam is in may.
Reply 3
I have this exam in January sometime, and im not the best at access but ill try and help you as much as i can.

Activity 1 - Functional Specification

You maybe asked stuff like:

The tasks the database has to perform
The information it must supply, in what format and to whom
The data to be input into the database, and how this is done
The processing that is required
The level of security needed

Activity 2 Onwards - The Database

Use data modelling techniques to produce an efficient database structure that minimises duplication of data.
Create the data structure.
Apply validation rules on as many fields as is sensible.
Create the interface to be used by the Warehouse Operator.
etc...
(NOTE: You will need to provide screenprints of the above)

I am going to start to try and make a "model" answer today but don't know how much luck i will have. Ill try and upload some notes or whatever i do next.

If anyone else has any ideas please dont hesitate to SHARE!

Oucch.
Reply 4
Austen9
thanks that will be of great help. today i practiced making tables and structure, relationships appending queries.

Were these in relation to the scenario? If so I would be interested in knowing what tables you made, relationships and queries etc...

Latest