The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Arrogant Git
At last count, the scores were 59-53 Cambridge.

You're living in the past my friend :wink:

And you also got the tally wrong. :woo:
Arrogant Git

That, and the efforts of the Oxford Rugby team to create an atmosphere of racial inclusivity in the University.

To be fair, I'm told the girls had a lovely time at that rugby social. If there were any hotties on the JSOC committee they wouldn't have been so uppity.
Only 3 people applied for Cambridge in my school.
and more than 10 applied to Oxford
sooo, it depends?
Reply 23
candle_holder
Only 3 people applied for Cambridge in my school.
and more than 10 applied to Oxford
sooo, it depends?

This might have already been mentioned, but geography might come into it? At my school 4 people (I think) have applied to Cambridge and 1 (that's me!! :biggrin: ) to Oxford because Cambridge is much closer; maybe an hour and a half on a direct train line whereas Oxford is three-four hours away with one interchange in lovely London.

Personally I chose to apply to Oxford because a) when I wanted to do History and English they did it and Cambridge didn't b) when I changed my mind to straight History I preferred their course and c) because I felt they were slightly more inclusive than Cambridge, who made the requirement that students had to have a Modern Foreign Language at GCSE to get in, which seems to automatically disadvantage those students at state schools where languages are optional and really aren't thinking ahead to university when choosing in Year 9 to drop such subjects. :rolleyes: Even though I since did a language GCSE, it still changed how I thought about Cambridge. Plus all of the colleges in Oxford were really nice when I emailed them (two years ago :eek: ) for advice when choosing my A Levels.
Reply 24
~Ollie~
Don't lie, that's cruel :shifty:
It's PE - physical education - but with added emphasis on the physical aspect of the course (hence the additional P).

Some find it strange that Oxford still run it given that there's no academic element whatsoever; it is primarily star jumps and keepie-uppie

:biggrin:
Samantha-91
Ooooh please tell me what PPE is! Someone from Cambridge said they studied it on University Challenge and I was like huhhhh Personal Protective Equipment?!?!?! Hahahaaa

That was probably James at King's (guy with the mohawk) who was doing SPS which has now been renamed PPS not to be confused with PPE.
angelmxxx

But mainly because the Oxford colleges are bigger and the city's bigger/more clubs etc =]

Oxford colleges are smaller but there are more of them.
Reply 26
Oxford isn't better than Cambridge, sorry to disappoint. :biggrin:
Arrogant Git
At last count, the scores were 59-53 Cambridge. .

I saw a photo on facebook from the Varsity match a few weeks ago saying "Oxford 33-29 Cambridge". :p:
Icy_Mikki
I saw a photo on facebook from the Varsity match a few weeks ago saying "Oxford 33-29 Cambridge". :p:

He was talking about the overall wins and losses.

Latest

Trending

Trending