The Student Room Group

Questions I got asked at Reading University Pharmacy

Hey guys this is for all of u that are really nervous about this interview! I did a lot of prerperation before mine and...

IT WAS A WASTE OF TIME!! even though the letter may make it sound really scary...ITS REALLY NOT! they are sooo nice

Basically the first part of the day you have a lecture then a tour n then u wait for ur interview. these are the questions u get asked:

what are your predicted grades
Do u think you can achieve
Why not another health related proffession
Why Pharmacy
Why reading
What did you enjoy about your workexperience
Do you have any questions
And a maths question which is a simple one: now can u work out 3% of 100 for me (speaking to other people their questions were basically the same jus with different numbers like 5% of 50)

THATS ALL!!

Hope ive been helpful!

Got an offer from them 2 days after my interview :smile::woo:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
nice1
wow...well done. 3% of 100 is really easy question.
Reply 3
lol, I'd have felt insulted if someone asked me what 3% of 100 was.
Reply 4
Annie123_5
Hey guys this is for all of u that are really nervous about this interview! I did a lot of prerperation before mine and...

IT WAS A WASTE OF TIME!! even though the letter may make it sound really scary...ITS REALLY NOT! they are sooo nice

Basically the first part of the day you have a lecture then a tour n then u wait for ur interview. these are the questions u get asked:

Why Pharmacy
Why reading
And a maths question which is a simple one: now can u work out 3% of 100 for me (speaking to other people their questions were basically the same jus with different numbers like 5% of 50)

THATS ALL!!

Hope ive been helpful!

hey annie123_5, thank you very much, :smile:
what grades did they offer you?? and where else have you applied to?
Reply 5
I got offered BBB i applied 2 notts demontford and bath =)
Also if you have a look on their website they have some sample math and science questions they could ask. Def worth having a look at those to save panicking; I had to do conversions and a percentage question, plus I had to circle and name different organic functional groups on a paracetamol and ibuprofen molecule.
Reply 7
Hi,
Reading is my Preferred choice and my predicted grades are BBB.

Can you advice where on the University website I can find any possible interview questions?
Thanks
Niki
Reply 8
niki93
Hi,
Reading is my Preferred choice and my predicted grades are BBB.

Can you advice where on the University website I can find any possible interview questions?
Thanks
Niki

Universities do not normally put up interview questions but a list of interview questions typically asked in a pharmacy interview are on the pharmacy guide and there are a few questions for reading university too :smile:

Hope that helps!
Reply 9
3% of 100?

If that's the actual question then I'm a bit stunned :|

Still, might catch the odd person out who says 6 or something?
Reply 10
Original post by Annie123_5

Why Pharmacy
Why reading

THATS ALL!!

Hope ive been helpful!

Thanks SO much, got an interview on the 11th of December at Reading...
Scared.
Reply 11
How are you all finding the course at reading? :smile:
Hi can u tell what Ur answers were for the questions?
Original post by hagy6
Thanks SO much, got an interview on the 11th of December at Reading...
Scared.

Hi can u tell me what answered?
Reply 14
WTF! I don't even have an interview :frown:! Did you guys get an email?
Reply 15
Waiting an interview !!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 16
What does it mean if you don't get an interview ? Do they interview everyone ? I went to an open day and I think they interview everyone !! I really want Reading

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by FNB
What does it mean if you don't get an interview ? Do they interview everyone ? I went to an open day and I think they interview everyone !! I really want Reading

Posted from TSR Mobile

What are your predicted grades?
also check your spam!
Reply 18
What did people wear to their interviews ? Smart formal ? Suit ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 19
Hi, well done everyone who got interviews/offers!
I have an interview from reading and not sure about the latest schedule of the day as the post is from 2008. anyone that knows can you plz reply!
thanx in advance!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending