The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Neville 'Facking' Bartos
[W]hen you ask Arabs who are the most popular figures in the Middle East, most will reply DinnerJacket, then Nasrallah or al-Assad.

I think it was in Nasrallah's last speech that he said he would be the leader of Arab world because they needed or wanted him. I'll check fo'sho tomorrow. Night. :cool:
Reply 41
They are only called terror groups when we are they are against us. Our terrorists are called freedom fighters or members of the military.
Reply 42
Didn't have time to read all the discussion that's been going on but i do believe that there was British involvement in the attack. This is no news to be honest for the British and Americans do all they can to support anti-Iranian terror groups.

Lets take the MKO for example who are clearly a well known terrorist organization who have carried out many terror attacks in Iran over the years. Although they are recognized as a terrorist organization by the EU and the US, the UK court decided to remove the group form its list of banned terror groups on 22 June 2008. This might seem minor, but this is a terrorist organization which admits to assasinating one president, one prime minister and many MPs among its many other crimes.

It's not hard to see that this "war on terror" isn't really a war on terror, the favoritism says it all.
The MKO gave up their arms several years ago and should no longer be considered an active terrorist group.
Reply 44
Dont want to sound rude but any proof of that?
And the Human Rights Watch report of MKO running prison camps in Iraq and commiting torture in them .... ???

http://www.hrw.org/legacy/backgrounder/mena/iran0505/index.htm
Reply 45
Your sources state that their terrorist activities have slowed down over the past few years. No giving up of arms in there. And like it said in your BBC report, their slowing down is probably pragmatic so that they lose their terrorist status.

All I am saying is that the UK and US have had their fair share in supporting anti-Iranian terror groups and as you probably know the US fund millions of US dollars annually into activities in Iran to disrupt the country's stability.

I respect your belief but I was merely giving an example of a UK-US backed terrorist group. I do not want to escalate into a discussion about the Iranian government.
"On 10 May 2003 V Corps accepted the voluntary consolidation of the Mujahedin-E-Khalq’s forces, and subsequent control over those forces."

"By mid-May 2003 Coalition forces had consolidated 2,139 tanks, armored personnel carriers, artillery pieces, air defense artillery pieces and miscellaneous vehicles formerly in the possession of the Mujahedin-E Khalq (MEK) forces. The 4th Infantry Division also reported they have destroyed most of the MEK munitions and caches. The voluntary, peaceful resolution of this process by the MEK and the Coalition significantly contributed to the Coalition’s mission to establish a safe and secure environment for the people of Iraq"

Furthermore if the US and UK are trying to destabilise the Iranian regime, the Iranian govt can't act all innocent since they supply terrorists in Iraq, Palestine and Afghanistan with more than enough arms to destabilise those country's stabilities.
Reply 47
My bad - to prevent escalation into discussion about MKO, I have packing to do.
Thanks democracy.

Latest

Trending

Trending