The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
i have my tongue pierced underneath and i love it.
underneath?

u got a pic?

and how was it.. etc i gotta know :biggrin:
aleathiel
hmm guys what would the pros and cons be to getting my tongue pierced lol i really wanna get it done but last time i got a piercing i nearly fainted heh im scared...

Pros: looks good, fun to have something in your mouth to play with :rolleyes: and yes you'll temporarily be fashionable lol. but i wouldnt say get it purely as a fashion statement because to be honest theres plenty other ways to make a fashion statement. hang on i had another pro... ah yes, its something a bit more subtle piercings wise; not as 'look at me i have a piercing' as other things you could do which i kind of like about it.

Cons: the only major one that i can think of is that when you first get it done itll be about 3 days - a week before u can eat solid foods again (depending on how quickly you heal) and it can be a bit painful if u move it about a bit at first unintentionally. other ones are i guess going for job interviews, if they notice it in the first place might hold it against you for watever reason (even tho to be honest they shouldnt). as with ANYTHING there is the risk of infection.

infection wise tho, if u look after it properly theres no reason why it should get infected. saliva apparently has magical healing properties and the tongue has loads of blood vessels going through it so itll heal up pretty fast either way.
making a hole through ur tongue - you can just take it out if u dont want it. and it heals up really fast. i no someone who had it done for like 6 months/a year im not sure, took it out overnight and by the morning it had healed up. as long as u dont stretch it out theres no reason why you'd be left with a permanent hole in ur tongue if u ever decide to take it out.

pain wise, the only pain is while its healing and u try and eat anything that knocks it about. the actual sticking the needle through your tongue doesnt hurt. seriously.

check out like loads of other people have said bmezine for loads of other peoples experiences etc....

feel free to ask questions theres quite a few of us on here that can answer for u :smile:
yay im totally getting it done! i mentioned it to my parents and didnt get the reaction i expected (i thought they'd freak out) but they were like yeah if you want it its up to you :biggrin: heh i just need info on aftercare and stuff and cos whenever im around needles my blood pressure suddenly drops so i nearly faint.. how do i stop that from happening?
Reply 144
Make sure you eat/drink something with lots of glucose in, like a mars bar or lucozade. I normally buy a king size mars bar and have half before and half after, but you wont be able to eat.
Reply 145
aleathiel
underneath?

u got a pic?

and how was it.. etc i gotta know :biggrin:

i'll see if i can get a pic. it kinda hurt, but not too much, and i talked like an idiot for a couple days. it was sore for a few days but ive had no trouble w it except for changing the ring (because its pretty thick).

anyone know if i could get my tongue done normally as well?
Lozza: yay cool :biggrin:

Juno: okies, i'll do that :smile: thanks!

ooh and guys what will i be able to eat and how long after the piercing?
Reply 147
my sis has had hers done. she's happy with it
random thought but what if they get the big vein in the middle of my tongue.. they wont will they? heh :biggrin:
Reply 149
aleathiel
random thought but what if they get the big vein in the middle of my tongue.. they wont will they? heh :biggrin:

If you've got a good piercer, they'll know where it is and how to pierce you to miss it. But if you go to a dodgy one...
hmm well i talked to a guy online who lives in my town and got his done, he recommended a place i hope its good! my friend from schol had her belly pierced there as well..
Reply 151
aleathiel
hmm well i talked to a guy online who lives in my town and got his done, he recommended a place i hope its good! my friend from schol had her belly pierced there as well..

Check out reviews on BME(you can select experiences by place on body and location), and just generally trust your instincts.And check they're clean too, and wear gloves etc
cool ive read some of the reviews, its a good site :smile:
im worried though cos someone said they couldnt eat for a whole weekend and i cant go that long without food lmao :p:
Reply 153
aleathiel
cool ive read some of the reviews, its a good site :smile:
im worried though cos someone said they couldnt eat for a whole weekend and i cant go that long without food lmao :p:

believe me, you wont feel hungry!!
Reply 154
Well, you'll be able to manage soup and things
thats good, not too warm though eh

and i'll have ice, cold drinks etc that'll help right?

i should be getting it sometime this week as im off college.. got a trip to London planned wednesday though so if i were to get it done tomorrow would it be hurting too much on wednesday or would it be ok? cos i rang a mate up earlier and he said i should get it done after the London trip..
Reply 156
I'd say don't get it done til you've done a lot more research. They will give you an aftercare sheet, but you don't seem to know what you're getting into. Basically, just go and read everything you can so that you know a lot more
okies will do :smile:
oh im so sorry iv been meaning to post this the past couple of days but my comp has been playing up...

major con: be careful cz theres the risk of chipping teeth. thats not reversible unless ur willing to spend hundreds of pounds at the dentist.

sorry i knew there was a major con that i was forgetting.

Latest

Trending

Trending