The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Blimey! I would shoot UCAS if I were you.
Hope everything turns out okay - definitely keep the Unis informed. :s-smilie:
Reply 21
thank you all you guys for your help -
I mailed all 5 universities, and the cambridge director of studies has mailed me back, saying dont worry, we cetianly havent cancelled your application, shes forwarding it to the admissions office now..

bit relived i gotta say:biggrin:
Reply 22
Good luck with your application OP, hope everything goes ok! Let us know what UCAS say!
Good Luck, hope everything works for you OP
Reply 24
Did you enter the right details? My friend tried logging into track a while back and guessed the details.. not sure if he used the right login but it said the same thing. He then went and got the correct ID from the apply page and it logged in fine.
Reply 25
silver_j
Did you enter the right details? My friend tried logging into track a while back and guessed the details.. not sure if he used the right login but it said the same thing. He then went and got the correct ID from the apply page and it logged in fine.

oh im sure, i mustve tried it a million times over=)
student1000000
The same thing happened to a friend of mine and he had to take a forced gap year and apply again the following year (or could have gone in through clearing, but chose not to).

oh my god if that was me i would killed sum1 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Not saying that it would apply to you, I'm pretty sure it doesn't. BUT: Does anyone know how UCAS would show up if they discovered your PS is plagiarised or something? I'd be interested to know how they deal with it - if they contact your or just cancel your application.
Reply 28
Oh dear, good luck I hope everything gets sorted for you. :s-smilie:
:eek:
Make sure to call them first thing Monday and tell us what happens.
Reply 30
yodude888
Not saying that it would apply to you, I'm pretty sure it doesn't. BUT: Does anyone know how UCAS would show up if they discovered your PS is plagiarised or something? I'd be interested to know how they deal with it - if they contact your or just cancel your application.

I think they email you and inform your school/college. Not 100% sure though.
Oh gosh, good luck OP. I hope you get it all sorted out!
Reply 32
In regards to plagiarising a personal statement I think they just carry on with the process but just tell the universities that it's copied. So they can decide what to do.
Reply 33
Regards to UCAS noticing whether or not your PS is plagiarised is practically zero. There are so many applications how could they possible (bother) to check. The PS will be read in unis though and they usually notice if they are plagiarised and will just reject you.
crema
Regards to UCAS noticing whether or not your PS is plagiarised is practically zero. There are so many applications how could they possible (bother) to check. The PS will be read in unis though and they usually notice if they are plagiarised and will just reject you.

I'm pretty sure they're all automatically submitted to www.turnitin.com... or at least they should be!
Reply 35
yodude888
I'm pretty sure they're all automatically submitted to www.turnitin.com... or at least they should be!

Yep, they are.
Reply 36
It says on the UCAS website that you can only cancel your application if you phone them up. So it's not like you've accidentally clicked a cancel button.
Reply 37
yodude888

Perhaps. But friends who work in admin in unis have said that they have read few blatantly plagiarised personal statements so obviously the system is not full-proof then.
Reply 38
no no, i havent plagiarised=)
I talked to UCAS today - it was 2 hours of plain torture -
i had submitted an application on the 6th, realized i had omitted SAT results, so i cancelled that, resubmitted on the 8th.
anyway, UCAS advised me to do this, and there was no problem with it.
so when they were handlig they changed my password a million times, and everytime i tried - it still said it was cancelled!
it was driving me crazy.
then this techinal assistance person figured it out -
apparently the UCAS ID number doesnt differentiate between the live and the cancelled application, so it was showing me the cancelled one even though one was still live (thankfully)
so i had to enter in a completely different ID number that my counselor had,
and it worked - just found out that i got into Bath when it finally worked -
nice suprise=)=)
Reply 39
Yeeey, good to hear that and congrats for your offer from Bath :biggrin: (what course was it for, btw?)

Latest

Trending

Trending