The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Golz
you dick eric bischoff. 1/4% you mean 25% but as you wrote it, you mean 2.5%
It happens on the rest so do you get that

oh sorry golz please forgive me your majesty everyone else knows what mean so why dont you?
eric bischoff
Do you all think science is boring i reckon stuff like flowers are boring but the human body and space is interesting.

It isn't something I'd do for the fun of it.

But since I have to do it, it isn't the most boring lesson so I'd say it's 50% boring.
Reply 22
eric bischoff
lord huntroyde is the sun shining where you are?

Yes, actually. It's not giving much heat, though.
Reply 23
Ralfskini
Actually as he wrote it it implies 0.25%, but you get the idea.

i get ya now and i now realise that i have done the options wrong it would be me
Lord Huntroyde
Yes, actually. It's not giving much heat, though.

Aha! You think the Sun always shines where you are from? I live in Southend-on-Sea! I can feel the blazing heat from here!
Reply 25
Depends really.
I suppose I'd describe some of it as difficult rather than boring.

My Physics teacher has been giving my class 30-odd page question booklets for homework which are hardly fun...*weeps*...
Reply 26
Pencil Queen
Agreed...I even hated the biology component of geology (Palaeontology :yawn: )

I know!!! My advisor at uni tried to make me do a Biology unit as one of my degree options, and I refused point blank and have ended up doing advanced Physics instead :frown: !!!

Ps I think I voted as 3/4% boring or something but I didn't mean that - I meant to vote for 1/4% (meaning 25%) boring, which accounts the Biology part of science, so basically don't count my vote i pressed the wrong option!!!
Reply 27
Egan1
Depends really.
I suppose I'd describe some of it as difficult rather than boring.

My Physics teacher has been giving my class 30-odd page question booklets for homework which are hardly fun...*weeps*...

im glad im not is your school
Reply 28
eric bischoff
if you make a real amusement park i will buy a ticket

we didn't make an amusement park, we went to one... It was a physics/bio project. Did mechanics measurements/experiments, calculated theoretical values, then measured to see if it was correct. And we measured blod pressure, lung apacatiy, reflections etc after taking the different rides and stuff. And we went bungee jumping and measured elasticity and blood pressure and pulse and stuff.
Reply 29
Linda
we didn't make an amusement park, we went to one... It was a physics/bio project. Did mechanics measurements/experiments, calculated theoretical values, then measured to see if it was correct. And we measured blod pressure, lung apacatiy, reflections etc after taking the different rides and stuff. And we went bungee jumping and measured elasticity and blood pressure and pulse and stuff.

i would just wanna go on the rides
Chicken
I know!!! My advisor at uni tried to make me do a Biology unit as one of my degree options, and I refused point blank and have ended up doing advanced Physics instead :frown: !!!

Ps I think I voted as 3/4% boring or something but I didn't mean that - I meant to vote for 1/4% (meaning 25%) boring, which accounts the Biology part of science, so basically don't count my vote i pressed the wrong option!!!

Biology is the most interesting of all sciences in my opinion. But I can fully understand soembody not liking it at a GCSE if A level standard. Everybody knows that plants are boring, but if you get into genetics and cloning and then evolutionary theories then it really becomes interesting. And I quote from the opening sentence of a personal statement I read a few months back ''My passion for Biology sprung from my interest of Nitrogenous Excretion....''!?!?!?!
Reply 31
eric bischoff
im glad im not is your school

It's because I'm in the fast-track science group doing the GCSE a year early (why oh why!) so it means a lot of hard work, and getting the topics done fast
Reply 32
Ralfskini
Biology is the most interesting of all sciences in my opinion. But I can fully understand soembody not liking it at a GCSE if A level standard. Everybody knows that plants are boring, but if you get into genetics and cloning and then evolutionary theories then it really becomes interesting. And I quote from the opening sentence of a personal statement I read a few months back ''My passion for Biology sprung from my interest of Nitrogenous Excretion....''!?!?!?!

chemistry seems the most interesting
Reply 33
Lord Huntroyde
You're amazing in year 7...

He is only young, wait another five years, and he will have a completely differnet view. lol.
Reply 34
Egan1
It's because I'm in the fast-track science group doing the GCSE a year early (why oh why!) so it means a lot of hard work, and getting the topics done fast

im in the just above average group so i get work but not as much as you
eric bischoff
chemistry seems the most interesting

I am studying 4 Alevels at the moment and chemistry is the most boring, I find.
Reply 36
Ralfskini
I am studying 4 Alevels at the moment and chemistry is the most boring, I find.

well what is the best subject you do?
eric bischoff
well what is the best subject you do?

Biology.
Reply 38
Ralfskini
Biology.

that i didnt expect
Reply 39
of physics, chemistry and biology, physics is the original and best (like worthers originals, or something)

Latest

Trending

Trending