The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Lol I did that for my A2 coursework!! In general I found in the sunlight leaves had smaller surface area, as in the dark they got less light, so needed larger surface area to catch the same amount of light, to photosynthesis the same amount and so make the same amount of energy. But we were sort of prompted by my teachers and I picked my leaves to go along with my hypothesis. I got almost full marks on my coursework, so I think its right. Dead easy courswork to do though, you picked a good one! Hope that helps -x-
Reply 2
djk_99
Lol I did that for my A2 coursework!! In general I found in the sunlight leaves had smaller surface area, as in the dark they got less light, so needed larger surface area to catch the same amount of light, to photosynthesis the same amount and so make the same amount of energy. But we were sort of prompted by my teachers and I picked my leaves to go along with my hypothesis. I got almost full marks on my coursework, so I think its right. Dead easy courswork to do though, you picked a good one! Hope that helps -x-

Thank you! I dont suppose u still have ur coursework n would b able to email it to me so i can see where i have gone wrong n managed to get totally opposite results to you?!
Reply 3
Remember that even if the results are weird you can still get really high (probably full) marks as long as you do the experiment properly, write it up properly and explain what you think caused the anomalous result :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending