The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
tash087
No i wasn't bored at the open day... some people were complaining though about being tired. I just found it quite amusing that the tour guide actually sounded like she was complaining when she told me and my friend that we were always grinning and smiling. Apparently compared to the rest of the group who looked tired we stood out.

Actually I can see why i'd be tiring. If you went all around Waterloo, Maughan, the SU and the Strand campus then I guess it must've been pretty shattering.

Did you get to see any of the accommodation? Did it put you off!!
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 21
kingslaw
Actually I can see why i'd be tiring. If you went all around Waterloo, Maughan, the SU and the Strand campus then I guess it must've been pretty shattering.

Did you get to see any of the accommodation? Did it put you off!!

It wasn't too tiring... I'm still puzzled why our tour managed to arrive back at Waterloo half an hour before the 3 other groups arrived. Did we miss something?

No we weren't allowed to see the accommodation, even though the accommodation was what everyone wanted to see. So there really wasn't much to put us off!

The mini-lecture was what most people had come to see, but that was good!
Reply 22
tash087
It wasn't too tiring... I'm still puzzled why our tour managed to arrive back at Waterloo half an hour before the 3 other groups arrived. Did we miss something?

No we weren't allowed to see the accommodation, even though the accommodation was what everyone wanted to see. So there really wasn't much to put us off!

The mini-lecture was what most people had come to see, but that was good!

What was your lecture on?? Who ran the lecture?

By the way, if you want any info on the accommodation at Kings from first hand experience, I'd be more than happy to PM you :smile:
Reply 23
kingslaw
What was your lecture on?? Who ran the lecture?

By the way, if you want any info on the accommodation at Kings from first hand experience, I'd be more than happy to PM you :smile:

Thank you, any info on accommodation would be great! As you know, the prospectus doesn't go into great detail about accommodation!

Oh, i can't remember off hand what his name was... he taught us about European Law and he's the admissions tutor for Law with German.
Reply 24
tash087
Thank you, any info on accommodation would be great! As you know, the prospectus doesn't go into great detail about accommodation!

Oh, i can't remember off hand what his name was... he taught us about European Law and he's the admissions tutor for Law with German.

Was it a guy called Alex Turk? Did he have glasses?
Reply 25
kingslaw
Was it a guy called Alex Turk? Did he have glasses?

Yes he had glasses... i think that's him! :smile:
Reply 26
tash087
Yes he had glasses... i think that's him! :smile:

He's my personal tutor, and my tutor for European Law. Very harsh guy. Likes to make an example of people who haven't done their reading.

I like him :biggrin:
Reply 27
kingslaw
He's my personal tutor, and my tutor for European Law. Very harsh guy. Likes to make an example of people who haven't done their reading.

I like him :biggrin:

I did enjoy whatever he was teaching though, so that was a definite positive!

The tour was the thing i found most amusing about the day though... :smile:
kingslaw
What's your other offer(s)?

*I have no idea about the lions*

nottingham, warwick, bristol

maybe edinburgh, haven't heard a peep put of them
tash087
Oh i was in a group with one of the female tour guides... we were the group that arrived back at Waterloo about half an hour before the other tour groups... I think people on our tour were getting seriously bored! Was your tour any good?

yea, it was v informative.

did you see tutus?
Reply 30
kidney thief
yea, it was v informative.

did you see tutus?

nope... ah that was something we weren't shown... although the dancing in the video may have been enough.

maybe that was why our group ended up back at Waterloo half an hour before everyone else.

Btw... kingslaw, i'm taking you up on your offer about info on Kings accommodation. i've sent you a PM, hope thats okay! Thanks :smile:
Reply 31
depends on the subject tho - in some subjects, the first year does count - albeit only around 10%
Reply 32
How do I **find** the Stamford St lecture room tomorrow...

*Looks petrified*

I have a map showing the "Waterloo Campus" and "Stamford St" but no indication of where the lecture room is.

If I wander around Stamford St will I find it?

D xxx
Reply 33
Dreama
How do I **find** the Stamford St lecture room tomorrow...

*Looks petrified*

I have a map showing the "Waterloo Campus" and "Stamford St" but no indication of where the lecture room is.

If I wander around Stamford St will I find it?

D xxx

Ground floor - easy to find. The entrance doors are in the main foyer bit. Theres a reception there if you really can't find it. :smile:
Reply 34
so kingslaw... what was the catastrophe last year at the Strand campus?
kingslaw
Ground floor - easy to find. The entrance doors are in the main foyer bit. Theres a reception there if you really can't find it. :smile:

ground floor of which building :biggrin: i'm sure ill get lost :rolleyes:
So Mr Kingslaw, do you find that there is not a close community atmosphere in KCL :s:
and are we going to have to walk a lot in our tour? like 20 mins non stop :s:

xxx WT
Reply 36
kingslaw

So if I go to the Waterloo Campus on Stamford St I'll find it? :smile:
Reply 37
Dreama
So if I go to the Waterloo Campus on Stamford St I'll find it? :smile:

Yes you'll find it if you go to the Waterloo Campus... if you just ask at reception they'll point you in the right direction. My friend and I made the mistake of going into the Franklin Wilkins building (which is across the street from Stamford Street Lecture Theatre) and were pointed the right way. So even if you do get the wrong building... you wouldn't have been the first person!
Reply 38
wild thing
ground floor of which building :biggrin: i'm sure ill get lost :rolleyes:
So Mr Kingslaw, do you find that there is not a close community atmosphere in KCL :s:
and are we going to have to walk a lot in our tour? like 20 mins non stop :s:

xxx WT

Well on last week's tour we had to walk quite a bit more than 20 minutes... my group walked for about probably about one and a half hours, although the three other groups were touring for about 2 hours.

Oh and yes... last week the mini-lecture thing didn't start until about 5:30pm because the tours lasted various times, therefore your afternoon timetable might not run 100% to time. (Just a warning as some people last week were worrying about train times!) :smile:
tash087
Well on last week's tour we had to walk quite a bit more than 20 minutes... my group walked for about probably about one and a half hours, although the three other groups were touring for about 2 hours.

Oh and yes... last week the mini-lecture thing didn't start until about 5:30pm because the tours lasted various times, therefore your afternoon timetable might not run 100% to time. (Just a warning as some people last week were worrying about train times!) :smile:

kk thanks hun :smile:
ill go with flat shoes then :biggrin:

Latest