The Student Room Group
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website

Anyone at Winchester School of Art?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
I have just accepted my offer for Textile and Fashion design, to be starting in september 2013.
Just wondering if anyone else is doing the same or has done the course?
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website
Original post by mbuszard
I have just accepted my offer for Textile and Fashion design, to be starting in september 2013.

ive accepted for that course!
Original post by mbuszard

Heyyy, I'm doing the same course:smile: I'm fom London though and soooo stuck on halls, where have you guys applied for? I've put Erasmus park as my first :smile:
I'm from London too! I've applied for Erasmus park for the halls!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 104
Original post by Holliewsmith
Heyyy, I'm doing the same course:smile: I'm fom London though and soooo stuck on halls, where have you guys applied for? I've put Erasmus park as my first :smile:

I think I have just applied for Erasmus park! :smile:
Reply 105
Original post by hhamlin
Had my interview today and do really like the look of the uni, kind of want to find out what living there might be like? town looks cute but not particularly lively? are halls loads of fun? are there many bars etc/ do u know if many people go to southampton/is it effort to go out of a night to southampton?! xx

The campus is nice in summer especially, being right next to a nature reserve and park/river. There are just a few bars/pubs. Pitcher & Piano, Alfies, Bar3one and the Railway which is more alternative were the usual places.

Southampton central is 2 stops away from the station by train or you can get the blue 1 star bus from town (2 min walk from campus) which is included in the price of Erasmus park, I think there is a night bus on certain days, but not sure how late it goes on til.

It's a really close-knit community at WSA, with so many friends and people around you, it doesn't really matter where you go out to have a good time.
Reply 106
Original post by DTR
The campus is nice in summer especially, being right next to a nature reserve and park/river. There are just a few bars/pubs. Pitcher & Piano, Alfies, Bar3one and the Railway which is more alternative were the usual places.

Southampton central is 2 stops away from the station by train or you can get the blue 1 star bus from town (2 min walk from campus) which is included in the price of Erasmus park, I think there is a night bus on certain days, but not sure how late it goes on til.

It's a really close-knit community at WSA, with so many friends and people around you, it doesn't really matter where you go out to have a good time.

So we can travel free to southampton if we live in halls? That will be cool!
Original post by SteelApathy
I too have been accepted to Winchester School of Art, for fine art. It was my 2nd choice when i applied, but i dont know much about it, just that Winchester looks nice and that it has a good reputation. I am seriously considering going there now, so i want to know more too!

Hi there,
I have accepted to do Fine Art at Winchester too. :smile:

Hi just wondering have you been given halls yet? I still haven't got an offer and getting worried :/
Reply 109
heyyy, i have accepted WSA as my firm for next year and will hopefully be doing graphic arts!

does anyone know if they let people in if they drop a grade? like instead of getting a B, they get a C. I am just so nervous for results day, it makes me sick to think about it! i really want to go to WSA!!!
Reply 110
Hi just wondering have you been given halls yet? I still haven't got an offer and getting worried :/

they don't give you accomodation offers until they know whether you're going there or not. so basically you'll get one after results day
I still haven't had my offer for accommodation and I have had an acceptance to going to Winchester. Has anyone got a offer yet?
Original post by kirstyrawrpaige
I still haven't had my offer for accommodation and I have had an acceptance to going to Winchester. Has anyone got a offer yet?

I wouldn't worry too much! You'll get accommodation! It does take them quite a while, as they have a lot to process :biggrin: I was worrying last year, but it was fine in the end!
Reply 113
Got halls! So excite

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 114
Erasmus that is!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 115
Any Fashion Marketing student?
Reply 116
Anyone doing graphic arts and living in Erasmus Park? So excited!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 117
Original post by Tom_Sg
Any Fashion Marketing student?

Yes, I am :biggrin: are you going to stay at erasmus park?

This is the official group
https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/341811515949785/
Reply 118
Original post by iulia.pop
Yes, I am :biggrin: are you going to stay at erasmus park?

This is the official group
https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/341811515949785/

I'm year 2, so not anymore, I may even have you on Facebook. :cool:
I know this is like a billion years later but.. does the free bus service from WSA to the Highfield campus still exist? I'm planning to study at WSA but I'd prefer to live in Southampton so I am trying to research my options..

Original post by WSA President
Hi- I run the Students' Union @ Winchester School Of Art- I thought it might be helpful if you were still looking there that i could answer some of your questions?
It is a quiet city, the art school isn't out in the outskirts (the outskirts are fields!) the campus is very central, 3 mins to town, 10 mins to halls, 5 mins from the station. Its a lovely place with a really chilled creative atmosphere. Night life wise there are a few key places, The Railway Inn and the SU are great Live Music Venues, then there's a couple of clubs in the centre and Southampton City Centre is just 15mins away by train. There is also a free bus service for WSA students to the Highfield Campus of the Uni including a nightbus. It really depends if you think a small campus environment is for you- or you want to be part of a larger university. I've been here 4 years now and I'm staying another year- recommended!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending