The Student Room Group
Reply 1
If you meet the entry requirements then you have a good chance.
Reply 2
I applied for two courses at Manchester and got them both :smile:
I think they may interview you for the others if you meat the entry requirements
Reply 3
Are you accepting them both?
The fact you've applied to several courses there won't affect if you get an offer or not, I think. My friend at uni had Maths at Warwick as his firm and Maths with Physics as his insurance.
What courses are they?
Reply 6
i've applied for
biomedical science with a year in french (first choice)
biomedical sciences with a year in industry (second choice)
biomedical science
all at manchester.
i can't imagine them inviting be back for a second interview for the french course because the main subject is still the same. i can forget about just biomedical science because I have been accepted onto a course thats preferable at liverpool.
If I get into the french one, it would be my first choice and the liverpool uni my insurance.
Explained my self a bit better there, I hope :smile:
Well I applied for History and then History and American studies (with a year in the States) in one uni and I only had to have one interview but got accepted to both courses.
Reply 8
What now though? If they make you the same offer for both courses, do you you put one as firm and the other as insurance? Is there any point? Are they likely to be more flexible on the insurance course if you just miss your grades because you have shown such loyalty to that uni?:confused:
Reply 9
If I got accepted onto both, I wouldn't put down them for firm and insurance. They'd be asking the same grades and I wouldn't rely on them to be flexible if you just missed your grades! I wouldn't risk clearance for that! But that's just me, I'm not exactly a daredevil :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending