The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
www.ucas.ac.uk

There you go :smile: if you look for a page with stats information (its there somewhere) you can find out for yourself.
Reply 2
thanks alot
I'm 99% sure that it's cambridge. They have a much larger intake, so I would assume that they also have more applicants.
Reply 4
Yeah Cambridhe usually get more applicants for med... I think they interview everyone? Heard that, but not sure?
Reply 5
Bilal786
Yeah Cambridhe usually get more applicants for med... I think they interview everyone? Heard that, but not sure?

Cambrige interview almost everyone (~97% IIRC) while Oxford interview about 1/3 - 1/2 of all applicants, based on BMAT results. I think Cambridge may follow suit soon.

BTW I am NOT following you Bilal:wink:
Reply 6
visesh

BTW I am NOT following you Bilal:wink:

Yeah, right. :rolleyes:
Reply 7
Bilal786
Yeah, right. :rolleyes:

Well as someone with a place at Cambridge, to read medicine, I just HAD to read this thread...
Reply 8
Sarky
www.ucas.ac.uk

There you go :smile: if you look for a page with stats information (its there somewhere) you can find out for yourself.

i'm such a super helpful type.. :p:

Cambridge 2004 (Medicine & Dentistry) - 1647
accepts 285
ratio: 5.8 per accept

Oxford 2004 (Medicine & Dentistry) - 1499
accepts 184
ratio: 8.1 per accept

hope this helps.
Reply 9
Nandra, you should also look at the individual colleges- some have a higher than average number of applicants per place, and other have lower. IMO this is a far more important stat to look at (if any) than looking at the unis as a whole.
Reply 10
visesh
IMO this is a far more important stat to look at (if any) than looking at the unis as a whole.

but taking into account Oxford's nifty, new more centralised medical admissions procedure, perhaps the college numbers game is less relevant here? :p:
Reply 11
Elles
but taking into account Oxford's nifty, new more centralised medical admissions procedure, perhaps the college numbers game is less relevant here? :p:

meh I guess:p:
Reply 12
Elles

accepts 285

accepts 184

hope this helps.

Wow! Oxford was waaay up on normal in 2004...

and Lol at Med and Dentisrty - neither ox nor bridge offer medicine, silly UCAS :wink:
Reply 13
Fluffy

and Lol at Med and Dentisrty - neither ox nor bridge offer medicine, silly UCAS :wink:

well, yep that was the J-something-or-other-subject-code.. so for the sake of painstaking accuracy in my high-tech manipulation of online statistics i felt i should include that in my report.. :p:

not sure if it was that up.. hmm..prospectus is ~ 5 something per place i think currently & that takes into account the past 3, but generally there's a rise every year..
Reply 14
5 per place is the figure I'm used to hearing for Oxford.

Chem is only 1.8!
Reply 15
Elles
well, yep that was the J-something-or-other-subject-code.. so for the sake of painstaking accuracy in my high-tech manipulation of online statistics i felt i should include that in my report.. :p:

not sure if it was that up.. hmm..prospectus is ~ 5 something per place i think currently & that takes into account the past 3, but generally there's a rise every year..

What sort of spanner am I - I meant dentistry too :wink: D:
Reply 16
centralised admissions? ewww =P
Reply 17
Fluffy
What sort of spanner am I - I meant dentistry too :wink: D:

A vastly educated one:p:
Reply 18
Fluffy
Chem is only 1.8!

but chem students are very important.. :love:

fishpaste
centralised admissions? ewww =P

what i actually said

..new more centralised medical admissions procedure, perhaps the college numbers game is less relevant here?

so making sure all applicants called to interview are interviewed by 2 colleges, blind to where they actually applied is a bad thing? & there was me thinking it would help ensure that the 'best' all get in, even if they apply to absurdly 'competitive' colleges could only be a good thing. gives applicants two chances..& it reduces the whole stressful 'pooling' round of further interviews for certain people i should think.. :rolleyes: :p:
Reply 19
Elles

accepts 285

accepts 184

hope this helps.

Oh so am i, i provided the link :wink:

Latest