The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Changing my Degree from Single to Joint Hons

I just received an offer (BBB/ABC) from Nottingham for Art History. Ideally, I would like to do Joint hons Art History and English. I didn't apply for this because the entry requirements are a little higher at ABB, and I didn't want to risk rejection :rolleyes:, seeing as I only got ABC at AS (though am predicted AAB).
Now I have an offer though, I am tempted to ask if I could change my degree choice and be considered for the Joint hons. Is this even possible, and does anyone know how I might go about it if it is? Moreover, is it even worth the risk? I would, all else fails, quite happily settle for my single hons offer!
Reply 1
It is possible. You should ring up/e-mail the admissions office and ask. They are not going to turn around and say: 'Because you asked, we are going to revoke your original offer' so you've got nothing to lose by asking them.
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
Or you could go and then try and change whilst on the course?
Reply 3
It's easier to change before you get on the course than after.
Email/Call (preferrably) and ask them if there are any places available on the joint honours course and if with your application, you can switch. They'll either say yes or no, or possibly tell you whether or not you're better off waiting till you're at the uni.
Depends how bad you want to do the other course. It's not that hard to change courses (some) when you come here so you could accept and then change when you get here. Much easier than changing it now but then you're putting yourself in a risky position. As I said, depends on how bad you want to do that course.
Yeah, I'd do it before because I would imagine that swapping into anything involving English whilst there would be unlikely...

Latest

Trending

Trending