The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Meh, does it really matter? If they're happy, let them be happy.
How dare they be happy.
those people dont normally achieve much just laugh to yourself, and give them a pat on the head,
Reply 4
Wilt
Meh, does it really matter? If they're happy, let them be happy.

But when people are like, 'YES! 5 offers all from LJMU to do subjects I don't even care about! Wooooo!' I just find it annoying.
Oh yes. Look at me. Aren't I great. I have 2 offers from top 10 unis for my subject. How absolutely fantastic I am. Go me. Go me again. And again. One more time. Everyone bow down to my greatness.
Everyone has the right to be entitled to celebrate of they want to and I enjoy the fact that everyone posts it on facebook. Just stop moaning!
TheBrightShadow
those people dont normally achieve much just laugh to yourself, and give them a pat on the head,

What? Did you read over that?! (I understand what you have written, though it is damn unclear...)

Anyway, people do tend to boast about things they are proud of. Personally, I don't like boasting...
Reply 8
thats just harsh

everyonewould be happpy to get an offer. let them be happy, doesnt exactly effect you does it.
Mathematician!
What? Did you read over that?! (I understand what you have written, though it is damn unclear...)

Anyway, people do tend to boast about things they are proud of. Personally, I don't like boasting...

you get the gist :smile: , success is relative so good for them
TheBrightShadow
you get the gist :smile: , success is relative so good for them

Yeah, :p:
Oh it gets on my nerves when people boast about uni offers doesn't it. It's like they think they're better or something, when at the end of then day we all dump on a toilet the same way don't we. What is the point in someone boasting that they have got into UCL or something when someone else is equally capable of getting in to York or something isn't it.
Reply 12
how dare they boast about how hard they've worked, how dare they!

Brighten up son!
Reply 13
Mango24
how dare they boast about how hard they've worked, how dare they!

Brighten up son!

Hahaha :biggrin:

@ ScReaMiNg_rAvEr_x: stfu & gtfo

Ontopic: They can celebrate if they want :smile:
No i agree with the OP wholeheartedly. Nothing irks me more than seeing people go " OMG OFFER FROM ... FOR ... SMACKED IT CUZ" or "SMACKED MY INTERVIEW WOCH ME GET AN OFFER NOWWW"

And all that crap is redundant, because having an offer means nothing without making the grades.

So to sum up, yes it pisses me right off seeing people boast over their offers, not necessarily about "poor courses" but just in general, i dont care whether its Medicine or the study of foot odour, i hate people publicing their entire life on facebook when its not even certain yet. Yes id be happy too, but id tell my close friends and whoever else wants to know, rather than actively shoving it down their face and possibly making others feel bad.
Reply 15
OP, I see where you're coming from - I know a few people who had 5 offers within a few weeks of submitting their UCAS! Although to be honest, people boasting about their offers or interviews doesn't bother me that much...

It's the "my offer's better than yours" attitude which amuses me. Obviously, I do understand that certain courses at certain unis are more competitive than others... But even if you think someone's offer is not as great an achievement as yours, it's not your place to actually say it to their face - different people have different aspirations, after all. :yep:

I say this after witnessing a big argument between a biologist and an english student over which course is more competitive - then one of them stormed out of the common room in a rage!

:rolleyes:

Lolz. Thank goodness they didn't have to take the BMAT, eh?
It is pretty annoying when people leave it as their Facebook status. Or as an msn tagline like 'offer from ----'. It's pretty random, we don't care, you may not be boasting but putting it that way makes you seem like you are.
Maybe they're just happy they got offers from places they want to go to? Everyone is entitled to 'boast' or share their happiness if they want to. But I do agree that it can be annoying sometimes!
Reply 18
Mathematician!

Haha! I looked at your sig and LOL'd :smile:

Each to their own I reckon, though it's generally the insecure who boast in an attempt to get recognition methinks....
Shaun1991
Loads of people in my 6th From have been getting offers recently, and they keep going on about them, posting it on Facebook an all that jazz. The thing is, their offers are like 200 points to do poxy subjects. I've had offers for Law at far more competitive universities but don't bloody go on about it. Does anyone else find this with people they know?

You truly are one superior, humble being. Is that what you wanted to hear?

Latest

Trending

Trending