The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
ahmadjan3
and yeah that tells you about the democracy stupid bush brought to iraq :rolleyes:
What do you suppose would have happened if he threw his shoes at Bush in the UK or France?
Reply 21
I don't think he should have been beaten, nor do I think he should have been given any more of a punishment for throwing the shoes at Dubya than if he'd thrown them at anyone else.
Everyone close your yes and pretend it never happened. That man is a international hero for standing up to Bush.

He's an avator of democracy! :awesome: Sent by God to smite Bush's sorry a**! :awesome:
Bismarck
Yes, because democracy gives you the right to assault visiting heads of state. :rolleyes:

its called freedom of speach:rolleyes: or whatever:shifty:
Renal
What do you suppose would have happened if he threw his shoes at Bush in the UK or France?

you won't beat him would you. you would get screwed :yep:
Reply 25
Not really that shocked

what shocked me is how SLOW Bush's cronies were to control the man who threw the shoe at him
Reply 26
shamrock92
Anyone else think it's out of order that he didn't throw his chair as well?

hahaha definently =]
Bismarck
Genius, since when does freedom of speech allow you to commit acts of violence?

how was that violence :shifty: he only threw his shoes:p: i am gutted he missed :frown: he should have hit him in the forehead, now that would have been remembered for centeries. :biggrin:
Reply 28
ten bob
Good. Who does he think he is?

:ditto:
Bismarck
Throwing objects at someone with intent to injure is violence...how about someone throws a knife at you and then claim he was merely expressing his freedom of speech if he misses? :rolleyes: This is just pathetic. Let me know when you learn the ability to use a certain organ above your neck and want to debate.

if you are talking about violence then what about those thousands of people that stupid monkey bush killed in the name of weapons of mass destruction in iraq why the **** are you defending that killer :mad: :mad: he is no different than any other human on earth. he is an arse hole and i wish that shoe hit him in the bloody face :mad:
Reply 30
Yusuf.T
Not really that shocked

what shocked me is how SLOW Bush's cronies were to control the man who threw the shoe at him

loll i know..

SO funny, typically Iraqi with the shoe throwing...sigh..ive experienced slipper throwing wayyy to much loll typical arabic thing :P
Is this really surprising in a country which still has the death penalty?
Reply 32
ahmadjan3
and yeah that tells you about the democracy stupid bush brought to iraq :rolleyes:

FYI The Americans didn't have a say in whether he got beaten. And--I know it's been said 100000 times already--if they hadn't invaded and that journalist had done the same thing with Saddam, he would have been promptly sautéed and dined on by regime officials with a side of Kurdish children.

Does anyone think it likely that Bush could perhaps have told them not to beat the guy, just as a nice, civilised gesture, and to help quell that retard's status as a hero?
Bismarck
Attacking a visiting head of state would get you a lengthy prison sentence in most Western countries. And most of the guy's injuries are consistent with being tackled and restrained.

I wasn't disputing that, however I wouldn't put it past a country that regularly hangs people to also be involved in police brutality.
Bismarck
You also happened to throw in a tirade against the death penalty. Whether a country has the death penalty doesn't affect its rate of police brutality.

I disagree. Most countries in the middle east have the death penalty, most also beat up their prisoners. Most countries in Europe have given up the death penalty and also don't beat up their prisoners. Whilst one could argue the that's a cum hoc argument (perhaps), I think a less barbaric legal system gives rise to more humane treatment of criminals in all aspects of the justice system.
Reply 35
Bismarck
And most of the guy's injuries are consistent with being tackled and restrained.

This kind of makes what follows a moot point, but nevertheless...

Ah yes, because they listen to everything Bush says.

So it would have been obviously futile for Bush to have made such a request? (These aren't rhetorical questions; I am actually asking.)
Reply 36
Bismarck
If Bush simply asked, then yes, it would quite likely have been ignored by some level of command. Heck, Americans ask the Iraqis not to commit torture on their prisoners, yet they do it anyway. If he made the US-Iraqi relationship contingent on it, then it would probably be listened to, but you don't make these kind of threats over one worthless person (you make them enough times, and relations will sour). The fact is that an attack on a foreign head of state reflects very badly on a country, especially one that's trying to repair its reputation.

Right, of course. Thanks for explaining. :smile:
Reply 37
You have to admit though, the way Bush dodged those shoes was really good.
Reply 38
ahmadjan3
you won't beat him would you. you would get screwed :yep:
They'd certainly not be treated with kid gloves; there'd be at least four people to take them to the floor by whatever means necessary, drag them out of the room, throw them in the back of the meat wagon, go over the speed humps at considerable speed, drag them out and throw them in a cell.
Bismarck
And that is why the US, which values domestic law, is a structurally sound democracy, while the part of the world where the attacker hails from consists of one tyranny after another.

what the **** is bush doing there, its not his ******* business... O wait oil. you don't know anything what the leaders of this so called democracy are up to they blind fold the people in the name of democracy :rolleyes:

Latest

Trending

Trending