The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Jim Beam isn't nearly as good as JD. Don't listen to them and just buy JD, it's not that expensive for whisky.

You could buy it cheaper online or from a wholesaler if you like it so much.
Reply 21
Don't listen to the people who have suggested Southern Comfort. I hate Jack Daniels and adore Southern Comfort. They taste nothing alike.

Do yourself a favour and drink Scotch whisky, it's way better than that nasty American crap. :p:
SoCo and lemonade :coma:
Reply 23
Jack is cheap. I got a fifth for $11 the other day. Why not try the store's own Bourbon?
Dionysus
Cheaper than JD?

Good lord, it's going to be undrinkable. I'm a fan of JD, but it isn't exactly the most refined substance on earth. Going cheaper is going to get you a bottle of utter ****.

:ditto: like piss(watered down) or petrol (undrinkable cos it wil burn your throat!)
Scotch whisky is a good idea.
Reply 26
Cortez
erm Southern Comfort? It's whisky and cheaper but doesn't taste the same (tastes much better imo).

It's not whisky, it's bourbon. You may as well drink a white wine spritzer.
Besides which, JD is hardly what you'd call decent whisky to begin with.
Southern comfort is a liqueur not whiskey......JD is whiskey (only just). Also sainsburys do a cheaper kentucky bourbon.

Bekaboo
It's not whisky, it's bourbon. You may as well drink a white wine spritzer.
Besides which, JD is hardly what you'd call decent whisky to begin with.

Bourbon is whiskey, not a good type granted, being made from corn but whiskey nonetheless. Also I share your sentiments on JD :biggrin:
Reply 28
Southern comfort is a peach-whiskey liquor. Bullet, Jim bean is a decent sub for Jack. Just drink bourbon. Lots of much better cheaper ones than jack

Cortez
erm Southern Comfort? It's whisky and cheaper but doesn't taste the same (tastes much better imo).

Reply 29
oo nice to see my thread is still running!

yeh since this thread i have bought JB and own brand bourb. didnt lry like the own brand at all! JB was very similar tasting, i bought the black label which is 43% when it was on offer for £14 lol. conclusion is jd will be jd.