The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

willharris91
no offers from now until Jan 1st?!?!?

is this a fact?
if it is deffo due to xmas break.
Reply 2
hey hey warwick will close on wednesday!
so fingers corssed!
Reply 3
I got an offer on a Saturday, so you still get them on weekends. You get them whenever the Admissions Tutor decides to put them through; it could be any time.

I really don't think UCAS, an automated system, is going to stop processing over Christmas. On the other hand, how many Admissions Tutors do you know that will be doing UCAS over Christmas when the application deadline isn't even until halfway through January?
Reply 4
You may get a letter from the uni but as i remember UCAS is only a weekday 9-5 company. Annoying really when you start 6th form at nine and don't finish until five.....
Reply 5
Most Admission Offices will close on Xmas Eve, so you could easily get an offer on Mon/Tue/Wed (even Thurs if UCAS take a while to put it on Track). Then nothing until after New Year.

And you can get offers on a Saturday (some offices are open) but most likely not on a Sunday.
Reply 6
ah....shoot. I certainly don't fancy the prospect of waiting till the new year.

I didn't know one could get offers on a Saturday. Not good for my track addiction, not good at all.
I work for Bournemouth Uni - we'll be open until Christmas Eve.

However, you could theoretically receive an offer/rejection at any time. It just depends whether staff want to take their work home with them or not!
Reply 8
A friend of mine got an offer just after midnight on a sunday.
Sounds like an admissions tutor trying to reduce the pile of applications waiting for them on Monday morning...
Reply 10
isnt it just soo horrible waiting!!! i rush to get my post every morning, check my emails and ucas every day to find nothing hahaha x
You can get it on a sunday...becky.fm - Load of rubbish :P

You can get it anytime honestly, but using logic, yeah probably not likely from 25th - 1st but who knows? Just keep hopeful :smile:
Reply 12
NOOOO... so they close from the 25th to the 1st/2nd????? 5/6 extremely torturous days!!!
Reply 13
geee8891
isnt it just soo horrible waiting!!! i rush to get my post every morning, check my emails and ucas every day to find nothing hahaha x

Very much so. Though I'm not as bad as I was when I first sent it. In the first two weeks after sending UCAS, I was refreshing track like a loon.
I sent my application off over two months ago and have one offer and one rejection. Serves me right for applying for such a popular course at such popular unis, ha.

Some people in my class sent theirs off 1-2 weeks ago and have most/all of their replies already. =[
Kammy-
Very much so. Though I'm not as bad as I was when I first sent it. In the first two weeks after sending UCAS, I was refreshing track like a loon.
I sent my application off over two months ago and have one offer and one rejection. Serves me right for applying for such a popular course at such popular unis, ha.

Some people in my class sent theirs off 1-2 weeks ago and have most/all of their replies already. =[

Sounds familiar, glad to know that I wasn't the only one with her nose glued to the monitor, compulsively tracking track. My folks threatened to hide my laptop :biggrin:
Reply 15
ok i got my offer from birmingham today (saturday 20th) and they are only closes for boxing day xmas day and new years otherwise offers pile up logic...
Reply 16
I've had nothing for a month then got 3 invitations to interviews this morning, I'd guess a lot of admissions offices are shut for the holidays now though.
Neznayu
I've had nothing for a month then got 3 invitations to interviews this morning, I'd guess a lot of admissions offices are shut for the holidays now though.

And the holidays are until after New Year? Like 2 January?
Reply 18
you may get letters next week that were sent this weeek i guess... but i doubt anything wil be herd until the new year as most unis wil be on their xmas hols?!!
motherofpearl
And the holidays are until after New Year? Like 2 January?

I'm not sure if this applies to all Universities, but Goldsmiths emailed me saying that they're closed from xmas eve til Jan 5th. And I did post this in this thread earlier but it seems to have disappeared :s-smilie:

Latest

Trending

Trending