Did you lock yourself in your room last winter? :rolleyes:

I was in Dubai
Reply 23
PeanutButterJellyTime
I was in Dubai
They have viruses there too...
Renal
They have viruses there too...

Ye But I loved the placed. I hate it in Summer its sooooo HUMID there, I burnt my hand just by touching the metal part of the seat belt. :eek:
Reply 26
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1097056/Ambulance-A-E-services-struggling-cope-avoid-calling-999-says-NHS-chief.html
People should avoid calling 999 unless it is an emergency because ambulance services and A&E departments are struggling to cope with the winter illness season, an NHS chief has said.

Peter Bradley, the national director of ambulance services, said the entire health system was "struggling to cope".

Mr Bradley, who is also chief executive of the London Ambulance Service, told the Daily Telegraph that ambulance services in England had just had their busiest week ever.

He put it down to the coldest start to a winter for 30 years causing a sharp increase in falls and breathing problems, combined with outbreaks of flu and the winter vomiting bug norovirus.

Mr Bradley warned that things would get worse, with a rise in drink-related accidents over Christmas and New Year adding to the problem.

He said: "It has been the most difficult 10 days I have seen in the last 10 years. It is absolutely horrendous.

"Hospitals are full and A&E departments are struggling. We have ambulances having to wait longer to offload patients and that is causing difficulties.

"The message is that the public really need to do their best to avoid using A&E and ambulance services unless it is a genuine emergency. Use walk-in centres, NHS Direct and pharmacies because the relentless increase in activity will not ease for the next few weeks."

Calls to the ambulance service normally hit a peak over Christmas and New Year as the party season coincides with a rise in illness and health workers' holidays.

Mr Bradley said some areas had seen a 30% rise in calls over the past 10 days.
am i right in thinking those with symptoms of the norovirus should stay at home and ride it out?
Reply 28
am i right in thinking those with symptoms of the norovirus should stay at home and ride it out?

Genearally yes but frail, elerly people often need to be admited for fluids. Diabetics also tend to get poorly when D&V hits them and en up admitted with sliding scales. (we had two patients like that yestrday rebraned as acute abdomens so that they could go into side rooms on surgical unit-very crafty of the bed manager)
Reply 29
Two major London hospitals closed to new admissions and ambulances TWICE last week. The hospital I was on placement at really got battered as a result. We couldn't assess new patients as the assessment bays had "eek, lets stop A&E breaching" sick patients in them waiting for non-existent beds on our full to bursting wards, and A(E was backing up out of the door. Scary to see really
Reply 30
Fluffy
Two major London hospitals closed to new admissions and ambulances TWICE last week. The hospital I was on placement at really got battered as a result. We couldn't assess new patients as the assessment bays had "eek, lets stop A&E breaching" sick patients in them waiting for non-existent beds on our full to bursting wards, and A(E was backing up out of the door. Scary to see really
Backing up all the way out to Hell? **** :eek:
Reply 31
anna_spanner89

I did, and now my kidney function as fallen off (stupid kidneys) and I have guttate psoriasis on top of my normal plaque. Great - acute on chronic RF pruitis and psoriasis... Happy fricken Christmas :frown:
belis
Genearally yes but frail, elerly people often need to be admited for fluids. Diabetics also tend to get poorly when D&V hits them and en up admitted with sliding scales. (we had two patients like that yestrday rebraned as acute abdomens so that they could go into side rooms on surgical unit-very crafty of the bed manager)

hmm I see...only a small minority mind, i know my friends mum had the sickness bug and called A&E because she was vomiting AND being sick...
Reply 33
Renal
Backing up all the way out to Hell? **** :eek:

Indeedy! Bad times.
Fluffy
I did, and now my kidney function as fallen off (stupid kidneys) and I have guttate psoriasis on top of my normal plaque. Great - acute on chronic RF pruitis and psoriasis... Happy fricken Christmas :frown:

ah. Ive been really well this year, not had a single bug- nothing *touch wood*

I think im becoming immune. I have psoriasis aswell, i feel your pain! I have a good reccomended cream though if you want me to tell you
Reply 35
anna_spanner89
vomiting AND being sick...

Eh????
Reply 36
Fluffy
:hugs:
Reply 37
long live bupa, I say (from my lovely private room in a lovely quiet hospital :biggrin:)
Reply 38
Llamaaa
long live bupa, I say (from my lovely private room in a lovely quiet hospital :biggrin:)

Lets hope your stay stays purely elective, else it's trolleytime... :eek: :eek: :eek:
Reply 39
*Catches AIDS*

Blast!

Latest

Trending

Trending