The Student Room Group

Best computer security/networking uni

hey everyone

does anyone have an opinion on which uni is the best for computer networking/security?

i have looked around several various courses at uni's such as Bournemouth, Brunel, Teeside, Lancaster, and Birmingham City uni.
But i dont really know how to compare one to the other and see which of them is better.

once i finish my degree i wouldnt mind getting a job as a Network/Security Technician
so the Birmingham City course caught my eye because you get a year industry (which i think i would be a fool not to do) and you can also get CCNA certification with it as well,
but as i sayed ealier im not sure how to see if they any good or not.

thanks for any advice :smile:
ObUk
Reply 1
If it isn't too far away UWE are supposed to be quite good for stuff like that I think.
Try Staffordshire i was going to study that course there, but just to warn you the course is not that much different from the bog standard computing degree just you are forced to take the modules where the computing degree you have the option to take them. To be honest it might be best to just take a computing/ computer science degree from a better university.

Latest