The Student Room Group

The Louis Theroux Society

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Sugar_Puff_Fairy
Yeah, he was awesome.
The pastor couldn't answer the questions coz he knew he'd slip up.
It just amazes me how warped some people's minds are that they felt it was ok to picket someone's funeral, or 'rejoice' in people getting cancer, or hit by a car. It's unfathomable really.

:laugh: When he told him his 5 minutes were up.

Coy Girl
Good choice! The San Quentin prison one was amazing but pretty shocking:O I guess that sums up a lot of his programmes really! I found the plastic surgery one fascinating too.

Oh I probably found the plastic surgery one the worst. I just lost interest halfway through. What can I say...I like natural beauty. :yep:

The San Quentin one definitely sums up a lot of his programmes. Same goes to the Philadelphia one :eek: He goes places that no other journalist would think of. Too cool. :cool:
Did anyone see the documentary with the most hated family in America! The best bit was when they were picketing outside the soldiers funeral and this car came bay and the guy launched his soda out the window and nailed the kid in the head. One word. OWNED!!
sounds like fun, i liked the one when he went to philadelphia and all the crime was interesting for me
Mastermind`

Oh I probably found the plastic surgery one the worst. I just lost interest halfway through. What can I say...I like natural beauty. :yep:

The San Quentin one definitely sums up a lot of his programmes. Same goes to the Philadelphia one :eek: He goes places that no other journalist would think of. Too cool. :cool:

Yeah, 'is that the 3 minutes?', 'well you said 5'.. :smile:

The plastic surgery one was my least favourite too. The people were just too bland, compared to his usual freaks haha! I thought the prison one was amazing, but haven't seen the Philadelphia one. I am addicted, I want all the DVDs now and I only discovered the lovely Louis a week ago!
Biggillystyle
Did anyone see the documentary with the most hated family in America! The best bit was when they were picketing outside the soldiers funeral and this car came bay and the guy launched his soda out the window and nailed the kid in the head. One word. OWNED!!

Just shows how messed up those people are though, considering how much they'd antagonised people, they're lucky it was just a drink really. Putting their kids in the situation they have is just awful. They are completely isolated, have no friends, no concept of the real world. And half of them are lawyers!?
Reply 25
Nice to see some Theroux appreciation..me and my mates love him...my favourite was the Johanessburg one closely followed by the one where he does Hip Hop...Legend !
Reply 26
The one about Gangsta Rappers was funny.
Reply 27
Yes Mastermind!!!! I've watched almost all his documentaries now and they are pure genius, favourite was probably the San Quentin one. Haven't got a bad word to say about the man - in it to win it!!
Reply 28
Biggillystyle

I'd laugh if the old fart leading them all (forgot his name) turned out to be a homosexual :laugh:
Reply 29
Anyone seen "Living with Louis"? He always came across as a wolf dressed in sheep skin, a bit of a sly snake to me, that ep confirmed my intuitions, but hey, it makes for entertaining television.
In it to win it!!!!
Reply 31
Mastermind`
Sup guys, thinking of starting a little society for the legend that is Louis Theroux. Where we can discuss his fantastic, interesting, excellent, engaging, orgasmic documentaries.

I love watching his documentaries. Absolutely fantastic interviewing skills.
Excellent guts to go to places that no other journalist would have to golden balls to go to. He also never leaves questions unanswered, every little part is covered, nothing is left missing! He doesn't even ask the questions straight away. He waits and waits for it until the time to strike has come and then...BANG! He asks the questions so innocently and his targets fall for it every time. I think he's the only journalist that can get away with it.

I love this guy's style, I think if I died and came back as a white man then I'd want to be Louis Theroux. :yep:

I want to turn this into a society so if you're interested in being a member state "In it to win it" when you post innit. :teeth:

With love, Mastermind`.

Awesome people who are in it to win it:
Mastermind`
Kater Murr
Coy Girl
Double Agent
Bubbles*De*Milo
Sugar_Puff_Fairy
A Ugandan Peanut

Count me in dude
Reply 32
If you thought that was bad, you should watch Ross Kemp's docs.
(edited 3 years ago)
the one with the wrestlers is goat
Reply 34
Well soon enough there'll be a society for every random thing anyone can possibly think of...
Reply 35
Mastermind`

That's fair enough. Good to like natural beauty-that was definitely the conclusion I came to by the end of the programme. I found it interesting to see how these things work.
Louis definitely asks questions that other people wouldn't dare to ask. I think he lets people have their own voices in his programmes if that makes any sense, he really has the time to listen to the views of Nazis/white supremecists etc, when other people often write off these people before listening.
uthred50
Well soon enough there'll be a society for every random thing anyone can possibly think of...

well it's a good job there is enough room on the internet. :cool:
Reply 37
Sugar_Puff_Fairy
Yeah, 'is that the 3 minutes?', 'well you said 5'.. :smile:

The plastic surgery one was my least favourite too. The people were just too bland, compared to his usual freaks haha! I thought the prison one was amazing, but haven't seen the Philadelphia one. I am addicted, I want all the DVDs now and I only discovered the lovely Louis a week ago!

Definitely. :yep: I knew even before watching it that I wouldn't like it. I thought the same before the gambling one but I was hooked after a few minutes. I discovered Louis a while ago but my obsession and love for Louis has grown since the San Quentin episode. :love:

uthred50

Louis Theroux isn't just a random thing. Besides, there has to be genuine interest for a society to be approved as one. This is a fantastic society for fantastic people. :yep:
Mastermind`

Louis Theroux isn't just a random thing. Besides, there has to be genuine interest for a society to be approved as one. This is a fantastic society for fantastic people. :yep:

Hear hear!
uthred50

hater

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending