The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
NDGAARONDI
Much better thanks. It's nice to have a change for once.

Lol :biggrin:

It's still nicer if the guy does the asking though :p: sweeter :biggrin:
irisng
It's still nicer if the guy does the asking though :p: sweeter :biggrin:

But would it be viewed sweeter by the recipient of the asking out irrespective of their gender anyway?

Years ago when I went to secondary school we had this female SE teacher and she stated that the girls should ask the guys out more often.
Reply 62
NDGAARONDI
But would it be viewed sweeter by the recipient of the asking out irrespective of their gender anyway?

Years ago when I went to secondary school we had this female SE teacher and she stated that the girls should ask the guys out more often.

Well apparently it's a turn on for guys when a girl asks them out. :rolleyes:

The closest I came to asking a guy out was "Do you have a girlfriend?" :biggrin: Given he was the first person I ever seriously fancied. Turned out to be my first ex-boyfriend too :smile: Broke up due to religious reasons. Having had a recent chat with him I now see that it was a VERY good thing I broke up with him!

Although since my ex I'm a little cynical about guys now :frown: Can only say - don't trust someone so soon :redface: even if they seem completely genuine.

I suppose there must be a reason why I'm a SIN Sister! :biggrin: (yay!)
Reply 63
it is really nice when a guy asks u out but i think in todays society us women should be more proactive. we asked for equality so we should stick to it.
to quote my friend, 'women strive for equality, but seem to get the better deal'.
i think this is true, good for us, unfortunate for guys.

just ask a girl out sometime, giving her an option of 2 days. this means they're thinking about that question not the going out with u=more chance of a yes and less embarassment. :wink:
Reply 64
If she makes alot of eye contact (or very little if she's shy)
laughs at stupid or random things that you do
you get the feeling that she's looking at you constantly
she avoids you at all costs or continually stalks you
Reply 65
if yu wan to know if a gal likes yu;try this.......kissn her n observe her reactions/ hugs evertime yu together/ touchin her n caressin her...ul get 2 c her reaction if she likes u o not.....trust me gals have very weird ways of expresin their love n affection..........am a gal ive been there n don it all....
Reply 66
I think girls should be doing the asking out, picture yourself in a room with ten guys and ten girls (second time I do this ranting, anywho...)
I'd say that the girls are attracted to maybe 2-3 boys each whereas the boys are attracted to maybe 6-7 of the girls each. So if a girl asks there is a much lower rate of failure. Therefore they should pick =)

I myself have never asked a girl out, I've been in a couple of relationships, all of them dictated by a dominant female :hmpf:
I shall work on it!