The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I sprained mine a week last thursday, and it's still painful cause i started walking on it too soon. Just keep off it as long as possible, and if you have to walk make sure you keep it up afterwards.
Xenon
I'm just wondering how long it will take to be better.
I haven't got the type of sprain where I couldn't put any pressure on it, just that pressure did hurt. It swelled up and now it's 3 days, and the swelling's gone down. I've rested it over the weekend, missed uni today to rest it, and am wondering whether to take another day off uni to rest it some more. I've also got a driving test next thursday and about 3 practice sessions prior to it (and I can't change the date of it, cos it will take forever to get a doctor's appointment, and even longer to get a doctor's letter).
So what shall I do? Rest it even more? How long will it take to get better? Will I be able to play football again by 26th Feb (my next footall practice)? And will it be ok to be driving just 5 days after spraining it, and will it be ok for the driving test?
Any advice greatly appreciated. :smile:

How did you sprain it? The most common way is for the foot to roll in.
It's good the swelling has gone down, it should get better soon and you just have to be really careful not to make it worse :smile:
You should be fine for driving, but probably want to see how the footie practice goes, take it easy to begin with.
Hope it gets better :biggrin:
Reply 22
Golden Maverick
How did you sprain it? The most common way is for the foot to roll in.
It's good the swelling has gone down, it should get better soon and you just have to be really careful not to make it worse :smile:
You should be fine for driving, but probably want to see how the footie practice goes, take it easy to begin with.
Hope it gets better :biggrin:

Yup, I rolled it in. Read that it's very rare to roll it the other way. Happened while, surprise, surprise, playing football. :biggrin:
Reply 23
My God! Forget all this 'physio' crap, and just let it heal. Remember: you're not eighty, just yet. In my experience, two weeks has been quite sufficient; premature over-activity, on the other hand, will only exacerbate the situation.

In the meanwhile, I'd suggest that you make the best of a bad deal, and put your feet up.
Xenon
Yup, I rolled it in. Read that it's very rare to roll it the other way. Happened while, surprise, surprise, playing football. :biggrin:

:rolleyes: Any better now?

Latest

Trending

Trending