The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

*Subscribing*

What other subjects are you taking? We seem to have the same subjects on the same exam boards so far :p:
Reply 2
Loz17
*Subscribing*

What other subjects are you taking? We seem to have the same subjects on the same exam boards so far :p:

A2 Biology, Chemistry, Computing, Turkish
AS Business, Maths, General Studies

I don't think this thread will be as popular as the chemistry one. Biology tends to be, just memorising stuff. :p:
Akkuz
A2 Biology, Chemistry, Computing, Turkish
AS Business, Maths, General Studies

I don't think this thread will be as popular as the chemistry one. Biology tends to be, just memorising stuff. :p:

Wow that is a lot of A-levels lol

I'm doing A2 maths as well (AQA now but did EdExcel for AS) as the bio and chem but thats it.

It might be popular later on. I remember there were a lot of bio threads in June, but for specific modules. It maybe remembering facts but its also applying structure to finction and some people just don't get that lol
Reply 4
Loz17
Wow that is a lot of A-levels lol

I'm doing A2 maths as well (AQA now but did EdExcel for AS) as the bio and chem but thats it.

It might be popular later on. I remember there were a lot of bio threads in June, but for specific modules. It maybe remembering facts but its also applying structure to finction and some people just don't get that lol

Ah. I did edexcel maths for AS. Hated every minute of it :shifty:

Yeah maybe. I'm resitting one Biology paper to higher my UMS...so I'm doin a little revision on that atm.
Akkuz
Ah. I did edexcel maths for AS. Hated every minute of it :shifty:

Yeah maybe. I'm resitting one Biology paper to higher my UMS...so I'm doin a little revision on that atm.

I know your pain. I'm resitting S1 and hating it :frown:

And retaking 2 modules in biology coz foundation paper I hardly revised for and got a C for, and can now pretty much get an A without much revision, so why not :p:

And I was made to do the practical exam for the transport module, which I got a U in coz I ****ed it up so much. Got a B in the paper but it balanced out to D for Transport :frown: Happy with a B in HH&D though lol. This year for Transport I have done the coursework :smile:
Reply 6
Loz17
I know your pain. I'm resitting S1 and hating it :frown:

And retaking 2 modules in biology coz foundation paper I hardly revised for and got a C for, and can now pretty much get an A without much revision, so why not :p:

And I was made to do the practical exam for the transport module, which I got a U in coz I ****ed it up so much. Got a B in the paper but it balanced out to D for Transport :frown: Happy with a B in HH&D though lol. This year for Transport I have done the coursework :smile:

God I hated S1 :mad:

What do you mean foundation paper? Aren't you on the edexcel board? :s-smilie:
Akkuz
God I hated S1 :mad:

What do you mean foundation paper? Aren't you on the edexcel board? :s-smilie:

Sorry I've just realised how confusing that post was. The S1 statement was about maths, The rest was biology
Reply 8
Do you think the nitrogen cycle is likely to come up in january?
done virtually nothing on it in class
Reply 9
Oladz

A strong chance that it will, as it didn't come up at all in the summer.
Reply 10
Loz17
Sorry I've just realised how confusing that post was. The S1 statement was about maths, The rest was biology

Oh, heh gotcha. :wink:
Reply 11
Akkuz
A strong chance that it will, as it didn't come up at all in the summer.

Thanks (:frown:)
Reply 12
Oladz
Thanks (:frown:)

It's only a very small part of the unit...so it may not come up. :p:
Oladz

It came up in Jan 08 (old spec incase your on the new one) so maybe, i;d look over it

I've done it twice (once in AS bio and once in A2 chemistry for my module in june) and I still don't fully get it lol. It is likely though. The exams they do fot the old specs from now on are going to be compiled of everything they haven't put in the exams for wither years or the little scrappy bits of the spec :frown:
Reply 14
Loz17
It came up in Jan 08 (old spec incase your on the new one) so maybe, i;d look over it

I've done it twice (once in AS bio and once in A2 chemistry for my module in june) and I still don't fully get it lol. It is likely though. The exams they do fot the old specs from now on are going to be compiled of everything they haven't put in the exams for wither years or the little scrappy bits of the spec :frown:

If it came up in jan 08 and didn't come up in june 08, I don't think it will come up in jan 09. They tend to use topics which were used years ago.
Akkuz
If it came up in jan 08 and didn't come up in june 08, I don't think it will come up in jan 09. They tend to use topics which were used years ago.

Fair point

I'm happy now :smile:

But they will use all the picky bits though for all exams
Reply 16
Loz17
Fair point

I'm happy now :smile:

But they will use all the picky bits though for all exams

Although I do hate it I wouldn't mind a question on the nitrogen cycle really; easy marks, heh. :p:
Akkuz
Although I do hate it I wouldn't mind a question on the nitrogen cycle really; easy marks, heh. :p:

Lol and guess what, we get it in the june A2 chem exam as well :smile:
Reply 18
Loz17
Lol and guess what, we get it in the june A2 chem exam as well :smile:

Yup, haha. Aspects of bloomin agriculture, heh. We finished that unit in under one week and did the end of unit test for it. It was incredibly dull :shifty:
Akkuz
Yup, haha. Aspects of bloomin agriculture, heh. We finished that unit in under one week and did the end of unit test for it. It was incredibly dull :shifty:

You've done it then?

Yea I agree its pretty crap

Likeing the look of Medicines by design though, its basically biochemistry like EP and parts of WM lol

Maybe chem of colour will be ok as well

Latest

Trending

Trending