The Student Room Group

P1a - Anyone heard any more news about it?

Well I heard there were some problems with the P1a test (answer paper was wrong or something) and so my school actually didn't do it. Basically none of my science teachers even know when we will be taking the exam but I know that some schools actually just did it anyway by putting the answers on the question paper. Just wondering if anyone had heard any more news about this and when they will do it again.
I think our school said that those who took this paper and are not happy with their results will be able to retake it free of charge.
Reply 2
Are you talking about Edexcel?
Reply 3
Aqa
Reply 4
Oh I'm doing edexcel, AQA make stupid mistakes all the time.
Reply 5
I have done P1a and I really want to get an A or A* if I don't get it then it will pull my overall grade down, it is all down to this paper and I don't think I have enough time to take the exam again as I have got lots of exams on March
Reply 6
Yeah, our school did it on the question paper. The only thing is I already had an A on it from the previous year and I was retaking in hopes of A* and I got bored doing it as I was doing 3 exams that day (2 chem, 1 physics) so didn't bother working anything out.. hope grade boundaries are low and I get A* though :smile:.
Reply 7
Ihategcse
Yeah, our school did it on the question paper. The only thing is I already had an A on it from the previous year and I was retaking in hopes of A* and I got bored doing it as I was doing 3 exams that day (2 chem, 1 physics) so didn't bother working anything out.. hope grade boundaries are low and I get A* though :smile:.

^ I needed an A* to raise my grade from an A*, so hopefully all went well here too :s-smilie:
Reply 8
Basma
^ I needed an A* to raise my grade from an A*, so hopefully all went well here too :s-smilie:

To raise your grade from an A*? to an A*... thats a real improvement :P
Reply 9
Ihategcse
To raise your grade from an A*? to an A*... thats a real improvement :P

NO LOL :P
I need an A* on this exam to raise my final grade from an A to an A*! :biggrin:
we were told to write it in both the question paper and the answer booklet. Just to be safe. I think the board are excluding the question, our headteacher made it clear that nobody would be put at a disadvantage from this incident.

Latest