Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why does Red Bull now give me heart palpitations?

Announcements Posted on
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I used to drink Red Bull quite a bit when I was younger, and had no issues with it at all. Now adays (about 4 years on) I'll get heart palpitations just after, or up to 24 hours after drinking just one can.
    I'm obviously not going to touch the stuff anymore, but I'm just wondering if I should be worried about it.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    no dont worry, I got them too but now I stopped drinking caffeine altogther (fizzy drinks, coffee/tea and energy drinks all that), I feel MUCH better in the anxiety department, feel more lazy and tired though!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I've had a similar experience with Lucazade Caffine Boost. Nothing to be worried about, just be careful with drugs.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Caffiene Intolerence? It ***** me over too.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yea it's the caffeine. I used to drink about 6 cups of coffee a day and started getting palpitations as I got older.

Just cut out the caffeine you'll be fine.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    i dunno what i would do if i had to stop drinking cola D: i need the energy as i am constantly tired, but it isn't worth worrying, but if you do just go to your doctor they will offer good advice, but for time being like have a nice caffeine free alternative good luck happy Christmas x
    • 19 followers

ReputationRep:
    Don't try it with Vodka.
    Really.
    Don't.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    haha, vodka and red bull is the most lethal combination ever. Dragging your body in too different directions - up and down
    • 19 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Danielle89)
    haha, vodka and red bull is the most lethal combination ever. Dragging your body in too different directions - up and down
    I had at least 11 double vodkas and red bulls on Friday. I'm still feeling it.
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    Ooo I might try a bit of the Vodka and red bull, it sounds amazing!

But it is the caffeine, don't worry about it!
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by reems23)
    I had at least 11 double vodkas and red bulls on Friday. I'm still feeling it.
    Never had a night on vodka and red bull but I can imagine you'd have been feeling pretty rough :p: Uppers and downers mixed haha, fun times.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    When my friend drinks red bull his shins hurt like hell for the next 24 hours.... no one has any idea why.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    here it comes to bite you back in the arse
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm never drinking vodka red bull again

There's so many cocktails that taste so lovely and I keep going with the most horrible spirit mixed with some vile taste. Why do I do it to myself? Why?!
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _MaLc_)
    I'm never drinking vodka red bull again

There's so many cocktails that taste so lovely and I keep going with the most horrible spirit mixed with some vile taste. Why do I do it to myself? Why?!
    haha, for ages I was drinking vodka mixes, kept throwing it up the next morning, no matter how much/little I drank, now I drink magners haha, a man's drink lol. I get mocked from it but at least i dont throw it up.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    haha, for ages I was drinking vodka mixes, kept throwing it up the next morning, no matter how much/little I drank, now I drink magners haha, a man's drink lol. I get mocked from it but at least i dont throw it up.
    it's hard though! quadvods just aren't the same without red bull! sad times!
    and ohh yes! i loooove magners and I thank you for not opting for strongbow (which is raaank)

snake bite black with magners and fosters = the student drink
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Just sounds like you are very sensitive to caffeine. Wouldn't worry about it, but I would try to cut down a bit.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _MaLc_)
    it's hard though! quadvods just aren't the same without red bull! sad times!
    and ohh yes! i loooove magners and I thank you for not opting for strongbow (which is raaank)

snake bite black with magners and fosters = the student drink
    LOL, Magners is the only thing non-spirit that I like the taste of - all other ciders and beers I have tasted have been rank. Costs a bit more for a night out but Somerfield have deals on it in one form or another most of the time so its all good :p:

Just no good when I have to physically run home when I've left the club without going for a pee having had 3 bottles of Magners :p: Painful
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    It makes me feel sick eughhhhhhh!
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    LOL, Magners is the only thing non-spirit that I like the taste of - all other ciders and beers I have tasted have been rank. Costs a bit more for a night out but Somerfield have deals on it in one form or another most of the time so its all good :p:

Just no good when I have to physically run home when I've left the club without going for a pee having had 3 bottles of Magners :p: Painful
    Magners in Tesco at the moment - 36 tins for £20

I have a huge stack o them to see me through to the new year

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 21, 2008
New on TSR

Exclusive Nick Clegg interview

Your questions answered by the deputy prime minister

Article updates
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.