The Student Room Group

Blanx teeth whitening?

I'm looking for an effective teeth whitener that really will make my teeth much whiter. I've heard blanx is good, and not too expensive. Has anyone tried it?
Anyone with any experience of other teeth whitening kits etc?

Also, i don't often drink fizzy drinks/coffee/red wine etc, so cutting things like that out isn't really an option.

Thanks! :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I know that would be the best option, but i really cannot afford to goto the dentist. Some may call me foolish but i'm really looking for something i can buy on the high street that is effective...if it exists?!
Reply 2
I bought Crest white strips from ebay and thought they were good :smile:
Reply 3
CAn you only get them on ebay?
Reply 4
Blanx is supposed to be v good and not harmful to teeth like whiteners. Look it up on Ciao.com.
The problem with high st teeth whiteners is that there is legislation in place that sets 'dosage' of peroxide in them so they'll never be as affective as a trip to your dentist for a professional treatment. The ones you can buy off the internet are much stronger than high st brands, but just aren't safe.

I personally went for the professional approach and had mine done at the Dentist. I would never trust anyone else, especially as I've seen what peroxide can do if it's not used properly.

Whitening toothpastes aren't really 'whitening' they just lift the colour of your teeth slightly, using things like Bicarbonate of Soda and suchlike. Although, I do use Beverly Hills whitening toothpaste alongside my home bleaching kit I have from the Dentist.
Reply 6
JoJoLove
...Also, i don't often drink fizzy drinks/coffee/red wine etc, so cutting things like that out isn't really an option....

Ye ye ye, then perhaps you should've brushed your teeth more than once a month.
Jingaling
I bought Crest white strips from ebay and thought they were good :smile:

Yes yes yes to this.

I actually have some in right now, funnily enough. I bought these from eBay last August, did a two-week set of them, and found my teeth were quite a lot whiter (I mean, they exaggerate the amount on the packet etc., but my teeth really were noticeably whiter) - and have just bought another set, to top myself up, seeing as they supposedly wear off after six months.

I've been using the 14-day sets, 56 strips, £20 from ebay...definitely worth the money. :smile:
Ilora-Danon
The ones you can buy off the internet are much stronger than high st brands, but just aren't safe.

That's not true - Crest Whitestrips are sold all over America, so they must be safe...for some reason, they're not sold in the UK though...hence why eBay is the way to go
jonnythemoose
That's not true - Crest Whitestrips are sold all over America, so they must be safe...for some reason, they're not sold in the UK though...hence why eBay is the way to go
They're obviously not allowed to sell them here due to the legislation surrounding tooth whiteners. The US use a lot of products/chemicals that aren't used in the UK, but just because the yanks use 'em, doesn't necessarily make them safe.

Jus' sayin :wink:
Reply 10
blanx is awsome, i use it, works really well
Ilora-Danon
They're obviously not allowed to sell them here due to the legislation surrounding tooth whiteners. The US use a lot of products/chemicals that aren't used in the UK, but just because the yanks use 'em, doesn't necessarily make them safe.

Jus' sayin :wink:

Hehe, that's a fair point. Maybe that's one of the reasons they all seem to have such white teeth. :shifty:
Reply 12
Blanx made no difference to me, but other people said it has. Crest whitestrips are so so good. Definately get them.
#1_Wasteman
Ye ye ye, then perhaps you should've brushed your teeth more than once a month.

Helpful :shifty: .
Some people just have more yellow teeth than others!

I've not really felt the need ot use one, but my toothpaste is meant to have built in whitening. It's aquafresh i think. Not really noticed a difference but i didn't buy it for that. I liked the taste :smile:.

I'd say try blanx just now. It's pretty cheap i think and you can see what affect it has. If it doesn't work maybe try something a little stronger.
Safe n' White is the best whitening brand - Expensive but good value for money.
Reply 15
Don't do what Ross done and leave it in for an extra day!
Kevin J
Don't do what Ross done and leave it in for an extra day!

True!
sweetdarling
Helpful :shifty: .
Some people just have more yellow teeth than others!

I've not really felt the need ot use one, but my toothpaste is meant to have built in whitening. It's aquafresh i think. Not really noticed a difference but i didn't buy it for that. I liked the taste :smile:.

I'd say try blanx just now. It's pretty cheap i think and you can see what affect it has. If it doesn't work maybe try something a little stronger.

Lol, you made me laugh. But you're mistaken: Colgate > Aquafresh, in terms of taste.:yep:
Reply 19
I use the Beverley Hills toothpaste, and I'm quite pleased with it. It won't make your teeth dramatically whiter, but I have definitely noticed a difference in my teeth. It tastes nice too:smile:

Latest