The Student Room Group

Falling out with parents

Any remedies? I've only been back from uni for two days and I've managed to offend my mum enough so that she's not talking to me anymore. (It was over something really trivial, I can't even remember what anymore. I apologised - but she's taken it to heart. It wasn't that big a deal, trust me) We had a bit of a barney when I pointed out to my Dad that I'd apologised and moved on from it and she was still sulking, she turned round and went 'I wish you'd never come home, Christmas is going to be **** this year with you around' which I know she doesn't mean (we both go for low blows when we argue, unfortunatly we are incredibly similar so when we fight, we fight) but still hurt like a b. She should've cooled off by the time she gets home tomorrow, but it just annoys me that she's blown this whole thing out of proportion.

Other than apologising profusely again, what can I do? I try not to argue with her but we both rub each other up the wrong way sometimes.
Reply 1
You disgust me pal.Your mum was the one who cleaned your little backside.clothed you fed you ,stayed up for most nights when you woke.pushed you around in a pram.all the pain she went through when she had you.
you probably cre about your gf like most people,more than your mother its sick
come on mate grow up. You should Protect and Comfort your mum!
Let her say what she wants shes your mother at the end of the day.
jus ignore and move on. if she says anything jus say ok mum im sorry or jus say ok .
jus listen to her ,maybe how she feels. etc.comfort her dude.ring her up text her ur sorry beg her!
Reply 2
Just wait until she comes round and avoid them? That's basically what I've been doing for the past three years of my life.
Reply 3
keonin
You disgust me pal.Your mum was the one who cleaned your little backside.clothed you fed you ,stayed up for most nights when you woke.pushed you around in a pram.all the pain she went through when she had you.
you probably cre about your gf like most people,more than your mother its sick
come on mate grow up. You should Protect and Comfort your mum!
Let her say what she wants shes your mother at the end of the day.
jus ignore and move on. if she says anything jus say ok mum im sorry or jus say ok .
jus listen to her ,maybe how she feels. etc.comfort her dude.ring her up text her ur sorry beg her!

LOL, did you even read that?
a) I never said I didn't love my Mum. I love her dearly. When we get on, we get on so well, she's my best friend.
b) I don't have a girlfriend... 1 because I'm straight, 2 because I'm single!
c) So I should let her shout at me? Tell me that she doesn't want me back from Uni? She doesn't mean it, but it still hurts when she says it.

I'm liking the apologising though.
Reply 4
kiss_me_now9
LOL, did you even read that?
a) I never said I didn't love my Mum. I love her dearly. When we get on, we get on so well, she's my best friend.
b) I don't have a girlfriend... 1 because I'm straight, 2 because I'm single!
c) So I should let her shout at me? Tell me that she doesn't want me back from Uni? She doesn't mean it, but it still hurts when she says it.

I'm liking the apologising though.

Apologise loads, and maybe a peace offering? Cook dinner or something? Go out of your way sort of thing? Might pull a few heart strings and make her forget all about the bad parts :smile: And if you explain about it hurting after you've all sortof made up she's probably going to apologise... well thats the plan!

But ignore epic troll #1, whatever you do.
Reply 5
no ur just pure fag
Reply 6
hmmm.. jus testing mate :wink: some people forget what their parents have done for them like me ;0
I had a shower and I open the door and it came off and my dad said a bad word to me and said I broke it but I did not so can your help me ples

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending