The Student Room Group

How much revision a day?

Scroll to see replies

I do have 5 exams btw. If that justifies it. :p:
Reply 41
DOn't you people realise that not all exams are late January, my exams are on 8th and 13th, and there's going to be a few days i'm going to have off (and isn't everyone?) on Christmas Day, Boxing Day, New Years etc.
Of course. I have exams on the 12th, 14th and 15th.
I have 7 exams over 11 days with the first on the 8th and I am aiming for at least 8 hours of revision. :no:
Deipnosophist123
What the HELL is wrong with all you guys? I have five modules in January and I haven't even begun revision yet (I need to get the set homework out of the way).

Once I've begun my revision, however, I can't imagine doing more than two hours a day, I mean - come on - we have three weeks off, the exams aren't until late-January, and a couple of Economics/Maths modules are hardly that challenging?

I'm not even that clever, and it shocks me that everybody here is doing 4 hours +, it's madness?!

Well everybody's different. Some of the people in this thread may go to a **** school, may forget things easily, may not have learnt the content yet etc. Just because they are starting revision early doesn't necessarily mean it's unjustified!
Reply 45
if you need to study for 5 hours a day then you obviously dont have a knack for learning, and no matter how much you study your going to fail.
enjoy your mcjob.
Reply 46
Higgy90
if you need to study for 5 hours a day then you obviously dont have a knack for learning, and no matter how much you study your going to fail.
enjoy your mcjob.

OK, that's just ridiculous.

For my GCSEs in study leave, I did 5 hours a day sometimes. It was more a precaution; I think I'd have done well with less, but my knowledge wouldn't have been quite as complete.
40 minute sessions, 3 or 4 depending on what it is you're studying.
Reply 48
probably 6/7 hours. but it's quality not quantity, i.e. you have to be doing active revision rather than just reading stuff.
do you guys revise one subject one day and then another subject the next day?
At least 4 exam papers a day. All of which are 1.5 hours long.

Do all 3 subjects every day.
Reply 51
just half hour of physics a day.. and half hour of accounts a day.
no general studies revision at all.
and maths, further maths - past papers day before exam
My daily routine for christmas holidays: wake up at 5:45am, start revising from 6am till 11am. One hour break, then again from 12pm till 4pm. Followed by 2 hour break, then finally from 6pm till 9pm.
I figured may aswell do as much as possible for 2 weeks, it's worth it in the end.
Reply 53
All about quality not quantity.
*Aerodynamic*
My daily routine for christmas holidays: wake up at 5:45am, start revising from 6am till 11am. One hour break, then again from 12pm till 4pm. Followed by 2 hour break, then finally from 6pm till 9pm.
I figured may aswell do as much as possible for 2 weeks, it's worth it in the end.

How do you make sure you remember everything for that day?
you should do what you feel comfortable with - everyone has different needs - i used to revise for about 5hours a day for about 5 days a week.

you need to give yourself good breaks because otherwise your brain will sort of reach a saturation point and nothing further will go in.
Reply 56
Loz17
I just do as much as I can. I get so distracted and have the shortest concentration span ever, so I just do when I feel like it. I'm going to start making recordings of my notes and play them in my sleep on repeat. Hopefully they will go in then

I need to make the notes 1st though, I'm halfway there :frown:

I've done this! But insetad of playing them when I'm trying to get to sleep, I play them when I'm in the bath, backgorund noise when reading or on Laptop, walking to work etc. Do miss my iPod on the way to walk though, I think after my last exam the Dictaphone will be violently disposed of. :yep:
Reply 57
*Aerodynamic*

I'd end up feeling suicidal after the first 2 days, have you penned in enough time for the opening of presents/eating christmas dinner etc??
sleekchic
How do you make sure you remember everything for that day?

I guess it just works for me, I try to mix it up a bit, some time is spent just reading, other times it's more active like note making and answering questions/past exam papers.
Reply 59
I have 2 exams on Jan 8th, Biology and Psychology, and am starting to panic. I started to revise around Dec 12th and have been doing just about 3 hours of revision a day. I have decided to start aiming for about 5 hours a day.

Quick Reply

Latest