The Student Room Group

How much revision a day?

Scroll to see replies

*Aerodynamic*
My daily routine for christmas holidays: wake up at 5:45am, start revising from 6am till 11am. One hour break, then again from 12pm till 4pm. Followed by 2 hour break, then finally from 6pm till 9pm.
I figured may aswell do as much as possible for 2 weeks, it's worth it in the end.

You do 12hours a day revision, for A-levels?! I know each to their own and all...but oh come on.
Wow, you guys do excessive amounts of revision. I would do no more than 1 hr per day per module.
I have 8 revisable exams in jan and 12 exams altogether; and currently, on average, managing to do <3 hours of revison a day :frown:

Thats why I'm struggling to concentrate me thinks
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 63
Umm... So far? Maybe 20 mins a day? Really wish I hadn't read how much everyone else seems to be doing!
bishbashbosh
You do 12hours a day revision, for A-levels?! I know each to their own and all...but oh come on.

The exams are in Jan. I suppose that explains why so many hours are needed because I am doing the same and my first exam is on the 8th.
sleekchic
The exams are in Jan. I suppose that explains why so many hours are needed because I am doing the same and my first exam is on the 8th.

Random poke in the dark, but is that a psychology exam?? thats when i have my first exam, and its psych.. and, Iv done barely any revision!! looks like its gonna be resits for me in june!!
the666thmessiah
Random poke in the dark, but is that a psychology exam?? thats when i have my first exam, and its psych.. and, Iv done barely any revision!! looks like its gonna be resits for me in june!!

Yes it is psychology but its a resit. I'm resitting one of the modules PYA2. You still have a long time to revise.
A New Hero
Don't you get distracted at all? :s-smilie:

I struggle to do 3 :frown:

Well, no. I do an hour, break, an hour, break, ect ^^.
Im doing about 4-5 hours a day as its the holidays if not more, im trying to find the balance between doing extra work for my resits as im not doing the work in class;

Against not wanting to flunk my A2's at the expense of my AS resits :s-smilie:
Each week:

12+ hours reviewing work you are stuggling with
6+ reviewing notes
5+ doing past papers and marking them
3+ sorting out your work into modules, folders etc
4+ rewriting your weeks notes
10+ doing ECs related to your A-Level work
3+ sorting out what I need to do for next week
7 x 30 min of little tests about work you learnt
5+ for extras
(add 10_ for completing coursework if any)

on the runup to the exams:

24+ revising
15+ going over notes
10+ focusing on stuff you are still struggling with
12+ doing past papers and marking them
5+ sorting out your work to revise for

tbh, that's how my timetable would work if I was doing A-Levels
Reply 70
this is my timetable i study up to 17 hours everyday and i have 5 to 6 breaks during my revision time.... also i need to mention that im not a geek or anything but i just want to make sure i end up with something above 90% im doing year 13 this year physics mathematics and chemistry.:yep:

Wake up call at 5:30
start (6-9) (9:30 - 12:30) (1-4) (5-7) (7:30-9) (9-10:30) (11 to 5:30 sleep time)
Reply 71
i don't time myself i still makesure i go out etc. i just do my revision when ims at doing nothing just go through all the past papers and mind-map topics wherre i dont get all the marks and make sure i don't make the same mistake again

ready for physics and c1 :smile: just got to learn some definitions for d1 and then general revision for chem and eco :smile:

all seems to be going to plan atm but say that come after christmas probably go to pot :P
Reply 72
Some of you people getting up at 5:30 , you have got to be joking.

You can't revise from 6am - 11pm, you will just forget it all, it won't do your health/mind very good, you will be exhausted and feel lathargic.

I do 2 hours a day AT MOST when I revise and it seems to be working as I am getting through my revision fairly quickly and effectively, some of you people need to get a social life instead of revising for 23 hours a day.....
Reply 73
Dorito
Some of you people getting up at 5:30 , you have got to be joking.

You can't revise from 6am - 11pm, you will just forget it all, it won't do your health/mind very good, you will be exhausted and feel lathargic.

I do 2 hours a day AT MOST when I revise and it seems to be working as I am getting through my revision fairly quickly and effectively, some of you people need to get a social life instead of revising for 23 hours a day.....

When exams are soon though, it helps in the long run if you just suspend your social life for a couple of weeks.
Reply 74
None.
Reply 75
Deipnosophist123
What the HELL is wrong with all you guys? I have five modules in January and I haven't even begun revision yet (I need to get the set homework out of the way).

Once I've begun my revision, however, I can't imagine doing more than two hours a day, I mean - come on - we have three weeks off, the exams aren't until late-January, and a couple of Economics/Maths modules are hardly that challenging?

I'm not even that clever, and it shocks me that everybody here is doing 4 hours +, it's madness?!

lol you have a point, but I guess everyone is different. Some people just learn quicker than others...:p:
Ramadulla
Oh, you're a Uni. kid though.

no I'm not I'm in year 13
Reply 77
I guess it differs from person to person. I do like 3-4 hours with 5 min intervals every now and again. My friend SWEARS by doing like 9-10 hours everyday in the month before the exams... (guess it worked for him as he got 12 A* and a full Eton scholarship lol)
Reply 78
HEJ92
I have 2 exams on Jan 8th, Biology and Psychology, and am starting to panic. I started to revise around Dec 12th and have been doing just about 3 hours of revision a day. I have decided to start aiming for about 5 hours a day.

3 hours a day should cover the Biology syllabus for the 8th...right?
Just total the amount of pages in the book you're using, divide that by the amount of days remaining (excluding 5 days prior to the exam, so you can go over everything) and then work to get a set amount done each day.

Quick Reply

Latest