The Student Room Group
Well I'm at Queens Belfast and there's only about 30 in my class. Used to be about 70-80 6,7 years ago or so.
Reply 2
Sharpshooter
Well I'm at Queens Belfast and there's only about 30 in my class. Used to be about 70-80 6,7 years ago or so.

How do you find this course?i mean is it hard?and what about workload?
thanks in advance
globallyuniq
How do you find this course?i mean is it hard?and what about workload?
thanks in advance

It's not too bad, it varies from uni to uni. About 25-30 hours (of lectures) a week, sometimes a bit less, but at least 20.

You'll have labs as well to do, particularly for 1st and 2nd years. At my uni they were near 3 hrs each, and you'd do that sometimes twice a week. Workload's steady sometimes can be tough but it's generally ok. You'll have about 4-6 exams each semester or so. Challenging overall but worth it I'd say.
Reply 4
globallyuniq
Is electronic engineering generally an oversubscribed course?Especially unis like imperial,UCL and Edinburgh.

more like undersubscribed I would say... lol I am at UCL
there is meant to be 70 places and there is only abt 57 of us this year ?
Reply 5
JamesHo

pheww.thx for letting me know tht.
Reply 6
JamesHo

could tell me when you got the offer from UCL and when did you apply?also 70 places in including the bachelors or just the masters?
Thnx
Reply 7
applied last year (I am a 1st year now)
AAB from UCL

well the prospectus saids 70 places
including MEng/BEng
Reply 8
i presume though that at the very highest level imperial is full up?, but wow UCl is pretty good, would you say that's just a blip, or is the department shrinking through time?
Reply 9
well UCL does not enter clearing in any subject each year so I guess its not really desperately looking for student
EEE dept is not huge here, we know each other's name pretty much after a term
Reply 10
does anyone know,when Edinburgh gives offers for E engineering?
Reply 11
globallyuniq
Is electronic engineering generally an oversubscribed course?Especially unis like imperial,UCL and Edinburgh.

Nope

Latest

Trending

Trending