The Student Room Group

Typed exams?

I was just wondering if anyone here had taken an exam on a laptop, or something similar. I recall that during my GCSE's there was one boy who was given permission to type his exams because of some medical condition--I think to do with his hand, preventing him from writing legibly--so I was curious as to who might qualify for this?

Thank you in advance for any insights anyone can offer!
Reply 1
One of my friends have their exams typed. They didn't need to bring a laptop, instead type the answers on the school's computer and print them off.

People who have medical conditions or bad handwriting can qualify for this.
If u have bad hand writing or some learning disabilities. However i think it takes quite a long time to assess whether ure eligible for it.
Reply 3
RCG
I was just wondering if anyone here had taken an exam on a laptop, or something similar. I recall that during my GCSE's there was one boy who was given permission to type his exams because of some medical condition--I think to do with his hand, preventing him from writing legibly--so I was curious as to who might qualify for this?

Thank you in advance for any insights anyone can offer!

Get instant and informed info. from exams officer!

Aitch
Reply 4
Bad handwriting?! lol! I'm quite scruffy, can I do this please :smile: I type faster than I write
Reply 5
A boy in my year typed his exam, he has cerabol parusy (sp?)
Reply 6
You need to have a good reson. I have a bad wrist, and although it mean that I find writing difficult I only got extra time rather than a computer. I don't think you qualify if you just have bad handwriting; if it was caused by something else eg dyslexia then you probably would
You don't qualify with bad handwriting, you can get an assessment though to say you have crap gross motor skills.
I do have a assessment which says I have crap hand co-ordination, and writing for long periods is very taxing, so I could use a laptop.
But I don't, just don't like it :s-smilie:
Reply 8
My friend has bad handwriting and he is qualified for type exams.