The Student Room Group
Reply 1
I have a book by Eysenck called 'Psychology: A student's handbook'.

It's very useful, has around 1000 pages and covers just about every aspect of psychology you will come across.
Reply 2
Martin, G.N., Carlson, N.R., & Buskist, G.N. (2006). Psychology, 3rd European Edition. Harlow, UK: Pearson Education.

That's the standard textbook a lot of Psych undergrads have to read in their first term, which gives you an overview of everything :smile:
Richard Bentall's "Madness Explained: Psychosis and Human Nature" is a great read that I recommend to any Psych student.
Reply 4
Melana
Martin, G.N., Carlson, N.R., & Buskist, G.N. (2006). Psychology, 3rd European Edition. Harlow, UK: Pearson Education.

That's the standard textbook a lot of Psych undergrads have to read in their first term, which gives you an overview of everything :smile:

I have this book its brilliant has lots of interesting information in it, eysenck's cognitive psychology a students handbook is good too i find it abit complicated but its one of my core text for one of my modules so it would be useful too.
gillipies
I have a book by Eysenck called 'Psychology: A student's handbook'.

It's very useful, has around 1000 pages and covers just about every aspect of psychology you will come across.

OP if you mean for the actual course - then I agree with the Student's Handbook suggestion

Or another book by Eysenck - Psychology: An International Perspective
How about "Introducing Psychology"

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Introducing-Psychology-Introducing-Nigel-Benson/dp/1840468521/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1229986597&sr=8-3

Paperback: 176 pages
Publisher: Icon Books Ltd (6 Sep 2007)
Language English
ISBN-10: 1840468521
ISBN-13: 978-1840468526
Product Dimensions: 16.3 x 11.7 x 1 cm

Latest